Which School?????

Cannons

Hi

We have been here a week and a day and didn't want to put the kids into School/Kindy until we knew where we'd end up renting. Well today we secured a rental in Seaford Meadows so my question now is what School?? Seaford Primary is the closest with Moana being second nearest or theres Port Noarlunga which is near where our temporary accommodation is at the moment and is the School I was going to send them to.

What are your guys opinions of the 3??

Thanks

Jo x

Guest kelv&haley

hi and welcome,

my 6 year old goes to moana and 4 year old to moana kindy,but im pretty sure given you are the other side of commercial road that you wouldnt get your 4 year old into moana kindy as it has recently been zoned as it has reached capacity,so this might effect your decision on moana primary for your 6 year old,hope this helps , haley xx

Not thereyet, but doing the same searching as you are....

Previous threads on here have recommended Moana, but have suggested keeping away from Seaford Rise primary as they have a bullying issue apparently.

Port Noalunga also has some nice comments on here but there scores on the Aussie version of the League Tables in the UK are noticeably lower than the others.

We're also interested in Mclaren Vale Primary which isnt too far either.

I did post up a thread asking people to comment on their schools and admin agreed to put it up as a sticky but for some reason noone has taken the plunge to reply!

While I'm on, the other three we've narrowed our search down to are Woodend, Hallett Cove East and Morphett Vale West - would anyone care to comment on these one way or t'other?

Thanks

hi and welcome,

my 6 year old goes to moana and 4 year old to moana kindy,but im pretty sure given you are the other side of commercial road that you wouldnt get your 4 year old into moana kindy as it has recently been zoned as it has reached capacity,so this might effect your decision on moana primary for your 6 year old,hope this helps , haley xx

We're intending to arrive next month, with our 5 year old starting in Term 4 2010 (Which incidentally would be the term he would start had he been born there). You mention that the Kindy is full for 4 year odls and they've introduced zoning, so have you any idea how close to capacity Reception is going to be for Term 4 and therefore how close we'll need to be living to get our son in, if that is the one we choose.....?

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I did post up a thread asking people to comment on their schools and admin agreed to put it up as a sticky but for some reason noone has taken the plunge to reply!

Thanks

sadly that is because if someone says something bad about a school someone or other will get upset than a slanging match will occur! You might be better asking for people to pm you their opinions of a school. I am sure you will get answers that way.

Hi Guys

Dont go with the league tables thats only a guideline. The school my kids went to in England was at the bottom of the league table for the area. However, the other schools were just interested academically and not interested in the whole picture. My kids came out of their school well rounded and doing great academically because at the end of the day its down to the child. You can take a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. Regardless how good the school is on the league table and other peoples opinions its whats best for your child and for the family.

My three boys go to a school here that people told us was feral. They are doing fantastic, the teachers are so supportive both academically and emotionally. If we had listened to other people we would not have sent our children there and they would have missed out on a great education and fantastic opportunities. They have gone above and beyond to help my boys settle in and to make sure they know everything they are entitled to and can be involved in.

My only advise would be to make sure you are in the zone for the school before looking round because if you cannot get in and you like the school it will be disappointing. Go with you gut instinct if you like it go for it. If you find out you made a mistake or the wrong decision just move schools.

Hope this helps. Regards Janine

Guest seekingsunshine

Hi guys,

just to make sure you know, there are three schools in the seaford/moana area

moana primary

seaford rise primary

seaford k-7 (which is across from seaford meadows i think)

good luck!

Hi my kids used to go to Seaford k7. I think it's a great school, my eldest struggled and got extra tuition - teachers were great, very approachable with lots if extra curricular activities - sports, chess, music etc. Mine would have stayed there but we moved to Aldinga and the drive was a pain. They are now at Willunga Primary - another great school. Have a look and get a feel for the place - my advice go with your gut instinct :0)

HI,

My daughter is in year 4 a Port Noarlunga Primary she has been there 16 months now, we were initially happy with our choice but recently have become increasingly disappointed with the school. Skye has not progressed at all since she has been there and after speaking to the teachers they dont seem to be that interested in my concerns. The aquatics program is fab and the beach carnival sports day is brilliant but apart from that I feel its a pretty average school. We are looking to move her to another school in January.

I have friends with kids in Moana Primary who are happyish with the school.

I would suggest you form your own opinions though, we are all different and kids are all different so what suits one will not necessarily suit another.

Heidixx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest seasalt

Hi Jo

Both my kids go to Port Noarlunga. I would take the advice on the My school website with a pinch of salt as one of the schools that Port noarlunga is compaired to in the the middle of nowhere - so there isn't really a comparison.

The best thing to do is go and meet with the principal, Mrs Heather Walker. She is very approachable and will arrange for a tour around the school. We have a lot of English families at the school

We have had no problems at all with the school. They have an excellant 4 year old program and have very close links to the kindy.

I think the best thing to do is to visit all the schools and form your own opininon.

Good Luck