swimming , volleyball and gymnastics

Guest adelaideinjuly

Guest adelaideinjuly

We used to have various activities overseas , but we seem quite lost in Adelaide , the school isn't offering much and we have to search for moderate price activities , girls are both good swimmers , so what we need is joining teams rather than learning , same case in volley ball and gymnastiics

Suggestions near Hallett cove are welcomed .

Thanks

Guest guest569

Both my kids are also into swimming and gymnastics. They are both in the squad teams at seaford "stateswim" ( Stateswim have a comp coming up at 26th sept)

They both compete in gymnastics at " funky move gym acadamy" Lonsdale. We have just got back from a competition at Murray Bridge.

Guest Dave & Carole

There's volleyball at Noarlunga leisure centre on a Tuesday evening. There are leagues and a fair mixed standard. Ask at the desk and see if anybody is looking for new players. There are a few girls school teams in there. On Sunday evenings at Marion Leisure Centre, there are mixed leagues and women's leagues. Ask for Ronnie at the desk and she can let you know if anybody is looking for any players. You could always put a note on the noticeboard and see if anybody picks it up. Monday nights are quite a high standard.

Good luck

Guest Dave & Carole

Marion Volleyball: Ronnie 0418 898 192 Address - Oaklands Rd Marion. Games are about $6-$7 per game. Go to www.casaleisure.com.au its goes into a whole load of sports venue stuff - go to Marion sports centre & then the sports programme bit. Doesn't give you much more info than I've already told you, but you might still want to have a look.

Noarlunga Leisure centre is on David Witton Drive, Noarlunga. I don't have a contact number - I just left my number with them & they called me.

By the way, there is also a gymnastics club Koorana (I think) which is based at the bottom of the car park at Marion Leisure centre - again the front desk can give you the number to phone.

Hope that helps.

Guest back clan

Hi, my daughter is at koorana gym club which is in marion. As passionate pom says your nearest one is funky moves. There is also Seacliff gym club. I was really impressed with their girls at the last comp we were at. Koorana tends to have girls from 5 to uni doing from 1 hr a wk to 20. Swimming, you can also look at Marion swimming club , they train at Westminster school in winter and Marion pool in summer but will move to the aquatic centre when its built. Lou train with the surf life saving club that she is in which is Glenelg. They train on mondays and thurs evenings. She didn't want to join a club cause she does lots of hours at gym but it is better than swimming lessons cause they get more of a workout.

Sorry I'm not sure about volleyball

If you need any info about gym u could pm me cause I am a coach

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest lyderem
We used to have various activities overseas , but we seem quite lost in Adelaide , the school isn't offering much and we have to search for moderate price activities , girls are both good swimmers , so what we need is joining teams rather than learning , same case in volley ball and gymnastiics

Suggestions near Hallett cove are welcomed .

Thanks

Hi There

My daughter attends the Morphett Vale Youth Club Gymnastics on a Wednesday evening. Its recreational gymnastics so don't have the pressure of all the competing etc but do have competitions between all the recreational clubs a couple of times a year. My daughter has been going there for 2 years - she is 14. They have classes from 6/7 yrs old up i think. Mr Pickering is the gentleman who runs it and he is lovely. Very professional club and very family orientated. Highly recommed. Fees are very very reasonable.

Details are

Morphett Vale Youth Club Inc

Address: Hackham East Primary School Collins Pde, Hackham, SA, 5163

Phone number: (08) 83847367

Cheers Lynn