Aldinga primary / Mclaren Vale primary... any thoughts?

Hazel M

Right, at the moment we are thinking of settling in the Aldinga area and looking at primary schools in that area. The ones I've heard of are Aldinga Beach Primary (think thats what it called) and Mclaren Vale primary school. Does anyone have experience of either? Any points worth taking into consideration with them?

We have been really happy that at the moment the school they go to here is a lovely little one with a very caring environment. We hope to find the same type of place over there. They are very bright girls and particularly our eldest is quite sensitive so I'm hoping she is able to make friends quickly and both of them to settle in well wherever we choose.

They go to a Catholic school here and am also wondering if there are any church schools in the area (not specifically Catholic) - just a thought that a familar environment may also help them settle. Although if there's none in the area then thats ruled out!!

A little info on these schools would really help while we are trying to decide as its going to be the school hols when we arrive.... ideally we would have had a look around schools beforehand and then have them start the school year with everyone else but unfortunately they are going to have to be the latre arrivals - as we'll only just be looking around in the 1st week of term. I hope it wont take them too long to settle in with the others.

Thanks for any help

Hazel.

Hi we live in Aldinga my boys go to Willunga primary which is about a 10 minute drive - I'm pleased with the school. I believe that it an mclaren vale school are now open only to catchment but that would be worth checking as things change - kids leave all the time. I don't know a lot about Aldinga school - try pming sue2oz think that's what she posts as she would be able to tell you more. There are 2 private schools in Aldinga - Galilee which is catholic and Southern Vales which is a Christian school. Have only looked round southern vales but I would certainly send mine there - if they ever changed. Sorry not an indepth answer as on my phone will write more later.

Guest pauljoinoz

We live in Aldinga & I looked at Southern Vales which is probably the only school within walking distance. It seemed a really nice school & was R - 12 which is nice as kids don't have to change for high school. The fees were very reasonable too about $1800 a year if I remember correctly. I also know of peoples children that go to Galillee Catholic school & they are very happy - but not within walking distance of the Sunday Estate or Bayswood estate but walking distance from Ocean acres estate. Mclaren Vale & Willunga primary also seem to be very good, but they are a good 10 minute drive from Aldinga & I do not think there is a bus route - not sure about Aldinga Primary as I do not know any families whose children go there. The only other school that would have a bus route is Tatachilla but I think it is about $1000 dollars a year for each child to get the bu & they have to go on there own! Also a private school but Lutheran & fees are roughly $3500 a year so costly if you have more than one child.

Hope I have not rambled & info helsp!!!!

Guest PompeyPom

Hi, we live in Aldinga Beach. My girls go to McLaren Flat primary school - lovely small school - approx 170 students. My girls settled in REALLY well here and my oldest (11) is very sensitive. When we arrived I looked around Aldinga, Mclaren Vale, Willunga and McLaren Flat. I personally wasn't keen on Aldinga but the others were all good. The downside of McLaren Flat is that it takes 15 minutes to get there from where we are via car and there aren't (as far as I'm aware) any bus routes for Mclaren Flat, Vale or Willunga. I think schools are a very personal choice and def recommend looking round a few if you can.

If I can help any further please do pm me.

Good luck with your move xx

Hi my kids go to aldinga and love it great school great teachers etc am really happy with it.

There is a catholic school here in aldinga Galilee thats private dont know any kids that go there.

Southern vales is a christian school, lovely school just carnt afford it!

Good luck with it all, if you need to ask anything else ask away!

sue xxx

Hi, we live in Aldinga Beach. My girls go to McLaren Flat primary school - lovely small school - approx 170 students. My girls settled in REALLY well here and my oldest (11) is very sensitive. When we arrived I looked around Aldinga, Mclaren Vale, Willunga and McLaren Flat. I personally wasn't keen on Aldinga but the others were all good. The downside of McLaren Flat is that it takes 15 minutes to get there from where we are via car and there aren't (as far as I'm aware) any bus routes for Mclaren Flat, Vale or Willunga. I think schools are a very personal choice and def recommend looking round a few if you can.

Hi,

My girls also go to Mclaren Flat primary - we do live in Mclaren Flat and can walk to school. Its a small friendly school and we are getting a new principle next term.

Have you looked at rentals in Mclaren Flat - there is a few brand new homes for rent at the moment on realestate. Mclaren Vale is 5 mins drive away and we also have a bus service !! this goes through Mclaren Vale to Colonades.

Mclaren Vale school is zoned.

Tina

have heard good things about Willunga and Mclaren Vale primary's. went for a tour with the Principal for Southern vales and found it a little overwhelming - they wanted me and hubbie to undertake a 6 week Christianity course and had a whole page in their brochure about how same sex relationships are against the word of God. thought it wasnt for us as want the kids not to discriminate against anyone because of this. Hope this info helps!