golden grove primary

duncan-clan

hi all just wondered if anyone takes there children to golden grove primary? what are your views on this school, i had a visit last friday and looked around seen teachers all looks good..i'm taking my 7yr old out of mawson lakes primary ( just way to many issue's with mawson lake's school)....i know she will make new friends but need to make correct choice for her!!!

alex

If your issues are bullying related I would say don't touch it with a barge pole. Head teacher talks the talk but dosnt walk the walk. We have 3 kids our oldest 2 have been going to GGPS since we moved here. We have for many reasons become more and more unhappy with the school so dicided to start the youngest else where.We dicided to move our middle child to the same school as it would be more pratical and we were not happy with GGPS. Our older child is due to start a private school in Jan and repeat this year due to social issues caused by the school pushing her to some where she was not emotionaly ready to go. However due to the contiued issues, we have now had to withdraw her for the rest of the year. I have also bummped into a couple of aquentences since we have withdrawn our daughter who have had the same issues. Their kids are in different years. Also our older 2 have special needs nothing really has been done to help them I also have friend whos kids also have issues and nothing is being done to help them. I am sure if you have an easy middle of the road kid who gets on well with every body it could be quite a good school. If you dont , dont bother.

If your issues are bullying related I would say don't touch it with a barge pole. Head teacher talks the talk but dosnt walk the walk. We have 3 kids our oldest 2 have been going to GGPS since we moved here. We have for many reasons become more and more unhappy with the school so dicided to start the youngest else where.We dicided to move our middle child to the same school as it would be more pratical and we were not happy with GGPS. Our older child is due to start a private school in Jan and repeat this year due to social issues caused by the school pushing her to some where she was not emotionaly ready to go. However due to the contiued issues, we have now had to withdraw her for the rest of the year. I have also bummped into a couple of aquentences since we have withdrawn our daughter who have had the same issues. Their kids are in different years. Also our older 2 have special needs nothing really has been done to help them I also have friend whos kids also have issues and nothing is being done to help them. I am sure if you have an easy middle of the road kid who gets on well with every body it could be quite a good school. If you dont , dont bother.

wow I'm really shocked and sorry you had so many probs with GGPS xxx. My son has Aspergers and they have been fantastic with him, even when he had some kids bully him they stamped on it right away!! but I must say lewis has a fantastic teacher Gary :). Who did your kids have?

I hope they get on well at their new school xx

yeah Gary has a great reputation. I have a friend with a child in that class and she raves about him.We have had 6 different teachers dont want 2 name names but only 2 of them were good. We have 2 friends whose kids have aspbergers one was moved earlyer this year and one is going to move in the holidays. If he is going into year 3 next year Miss Poyner is good and very calm. We have 2 friends whos kids have aspbergers one was moved tearm 3 the other will be moving in the holidays best of luck with GGPS.

our son has Aspergers..........he is in High School.... Banksia Internation High.... has been great for him - so highly recommended! I always believe that obviously you have to find a good school with understanding teachers but their understanding comes from the competance of the Special Needs Co-ordinator.... and the one at Banksia is fantastic!!! also its a pretty small High School which I think helps!

Banksia Middle School is on Cottenham Road........maybe that could be an option??

Nothing worse than your kids not being settled in school..............on this occasion we have been very lucky!

Hope it works out for you guys.......... maybe the new year will bring better things.......

The other thing is one school can be great for one child and a nightmare for the next.......our kids tell us scary stories about GG High.......but then we also have heard good things! Think you have to visit and get the vibe yourself.......