Schools in Hallett Cove Area

Guest Sarah2110

Guest Sarah2110

Hi, we are emigrating on January 12th 2011. We have got a rental property in Hallett Cove and would like to know what the schools are like in that area. My children are 7yrs and 5yrs old. Please help. :jiggy:

My children both go to Hallett Cove R-12. It starts at reception and goes straight through to year 12. they started un july this year and settled in really well. they were made very welcome by both other students and the teachers and they have made some great friends. i would recommend this school as they will go through school with the same friends - unless of course you move them.

Hi there,

There are 3 schools in Hallett Cove, Hallet Cove East which is an R-7 school, know a few people whose children go there and they really like it, then there is Hallett Cove South, a small school but again, those that I have spoke to who have children there like that too. Mine go to the R-12 like Helen's above - and we love that. So think it will really come down to which you prefer the "feel" of when you visit them. We chose the R-12 because we got a really good feeling when we walked around when we first arrived.

Gladly, it seems to have been the right decision for our 2, both really enjoy the school (well as much as any 8 & 10 year old enjoy school). We use the OSHC (Out of School Hours Care) service they have and can't fault that either - both are loving the vacation club this summer and come home worn out so good for us too!

Hope all goes well with your move. If we can be of any more help let us know, and by all means get in touch when you arrive and come around for coffee and a chat.

Julie

mine also go to the r-12 and love it!

my son will be in yr 1 and my daughter in reception.

we moved to christies beach recently and i didn't even think of changing their school!

as one of the previous posters said we visited a couple and this one had a better 'feel' for us!