How are the Primary Schools in Seaford/Moana - 2011 version

Guest Murphy642

Guest Murphy642

Hi All

I know this has been discussed a number of times but mainly in 2008/9 and I wondered if anyone could give me a 2011 version?

Does anyone have any kids in Seaford/Rise/Moana or All Saints and what are your opinions?

Moving to the area soon and need to get my daughter in asap.

Thanks

Guest guest569

we took our kids out of all saints and moved them both to Moana.We have no regrets.

My wife taught at seaford k-7 for 3 years and says its fine aswell.

I wouldn't recomend seaford Rise primary but thats just my own personal opinion and i'm sure there's people on here that would say its good for them.

Guest Carolandcraig

Our Kids go just down the road to Port Noarlunga school its about 7ks from seaford and they love it. Looked into a few schools around seaford but they were happy and seem to be doing really well at PN so we left them there.

Guest Mrs PHH

Our daughter went to All Saints and fitted in really quickly, she's now at Cardijn and loads of kids from All Saints go on to Cardijn so they have established friendships when starting. I just asked her the best and worst thing about All Saints (she started in year 7) - the best was that it was really welcoming and had a friendly atmoshphere, the worst was the classrooms were small and cramped. I don't know anything about the other schools on your list so can't comment on those.

Hope this helps.:)

have heard positive and negative things about Seaford K7, Moana and All saints. Our daughter is about to start at Seaford K7, we picked it over the others as its small (less than 300 pupils) and was very friendly. I think it comes down to personal preference, have a look round them all when you arrive and see which suits your family best. We live in seaford, if you need anything when you arrive let us know

Karen

Guest katsmajic

Moana suited our daughter, she's now off to high school, but had alot of good times there, our son hasnt settled quite so well...it all depends on the teacher you get...were giving it 1 term and then assessing whether he stays there or not...he started in reception and is about to go into yr 2.

Hi our daughter is at Seaford 6-12 and our son is at Seaford K-7...they could of both gone to K-7 but as Ellie had nearly done a year in Senior school she opted for the high school. They have both done half a year at the schools and I cannot complain about how well they settled and was made welcome. I was always under the impression that if your kids are happy they will learn. Having said that I'm not convinced they are being pushed enough but this may change as the new South Australia Cirriculum comes into play when they go back after the hols and with a fierce turn around in teachers at the K-7 after the holidays it will be interesting to see the outcomes...I will be keeping a close eye on their progress.

We arrived in June 08 and both our boys attended Moana. I personally have had no real problems with the school with my eldest settling in who is now moving to high school but my youngest didnt seem to have it so easy (dependant on which teacher and both have found the level of work too easy ** and so have decided to move him to all saints with my concerns being discussed etc.

I have friends that have had thier children at seaford k7 and seaford rise from reception and couldnt fault the school and as the poster earlier have took thier kids from all saints and put them in moana.

I honestly think that if a child is happy (which my youngest hasnt been overly hence the move) they will learn anywhere so do the school shopping when you get here and see where feels right. At the end of the day they can always change schools as everyone knows everyone here and new friends they make will be at the bbq sat night lolx

hth

kathx

• 5 months later...

Hi Karen, just wandering how your daughter is getting on a Seaford k7? We are arriving end Nov and just finalising a rental in Seaford. Our son is 4 (5 in Nov) so will be starting school end Jan. We like the look of Moana, Seaford K7 and Port Noarlunga and are organising visits when we arrive but I just wanted to get some inside info as it is always good to get the opinions of people who are actually attending the schools. Thank you in advance. Nicki

Nicki, Rob, Jacob (4) and Evelyn (nearly 2)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rusty i have just started my son (aged 5) at port noarlunga. So far very happy with the school which is growing and is having uge amounts of money pumped into it in upgrades etc. I know people who have pulled their kids out of seaford rise primary recently for various reasons. Also if after school care is an issue, there are 4 schools in seaford area that share an osch and 70 families waiting for places!!! I think all saints kids get priority as its run from there, so that was another huge factor in not sendding my son local, but PN has a good reputation .

Guest katsmajic

Im happy to report that our lil man is having a wonderful year this year- which proved me right it was down to the teachers last year.

The schools are all very welcoming, give tours etc, go along and check each one out and see what feels right to you.

• 1 year later...

My daughter attends moana primary, but u would think u were in England wit all the poms! Im not racist but i wanted my daughter to go to an Australian school. (stop advertising 4 great living in oz)!!!

Guest Kazzarazza
My daughter attends moana primary, but u would think u were in England wit all the poms! Im not racist but i wanted my daughter to go to an Australian school. (stop advertising 4 great living in oz)!!!

I suggest you do a bit more research and don't move to an area where every man and his dog knows there's been a huge influx of English in the past 5 years!!

Adelaide's a big place with over a million people - I guess that means there are lots of Aussie kids out there somewhere.

Good luck.

Morning

Moana is supposed to be a good school and I know few kids who are happy there. My friend's son goes to All Saints after being at Seaford Primary and he has really improved in his lessons and behaviour/concentration. He is so much happier.

Port Noarlunga has a brilliant vacation care which is why we opted for there

Thanks, Lisa

My son started Seaford Rise at the beginning of August and loves it. He is really shy and I was really worried about moving him from the UK, he has fit in really well and even went on school camp for 2 nights just before the holidays. The schools are very different in Australia they focus on building confidence, my son had to do a presentation to his class when he'd been here a week. I went to the school assembly on the last day of term and the kids ran the whole thing. It wasn't as polished as it would have been at my sons UK school (my son went to and 'outstanding' Beacon School), but he stood at the front in front of the whole school + parents and spoke. All the kids participated and the teachers sat and watched, it was great.

Schools are such a personal thing and one school may be fantastic for one child and another may hate it. I am a teacher and was an educational consultant in the UK, I only have positive comments about Seaford Rise. But you have to go with your gut feeling, but don't expect it to be the same as the UK. As Australia is always much higher in the international educational league tables than the UK, they are obviously doing something right!

Ang

Also - the majority of kids in my sons class are Aussie's!