The Broadheads

Where are all the children?

We have been in Australia for 6 weeks and I can't get over how few children we have seen 'playing out.' Are lots of people on holiday?? Is everyone indoors a lot?? or out and about with OSH clubs?? We've just moved to Woodcroft and aparently it has one of the biggest primary schools in SA, so where are all the children?

They must be about. I was in Perth 2 years ago and didn't even have to look before I crossed the road! Its like a ghost town but I suppose we have so many people on so little land here. Maybe knock on your neighbours doors and intro yourselves?

its the same near us, local park is always empty. Occasionally a few kids on bikes on the streets, think they go to each others houses and noone seems to walk anywhere they always drive.

422 times
      Just wait til a week on Monday..Woodcroft primary will be mental!!!!!!!

in a very nice place with fantbulous views!!
      76 times
      We have loads in our court, the delightful little blighters always knock for middle son just as i have got bubs off to sleep!!
      I think lots got to grandparents, vac care etc as most parents carry on working
      Weez and the gang ;)
      Been here since sept 08 and have found 'home'

aldinga beach
      107 times
      in aldinga, there are quite a few children about, in the skate/bike parks, around where we live ,cricket and footy street games , mine go out and always find there friends and new ones out and about, before we moved here we were up in modbury, like you say , where is everyone, we hardly seen a sole, let alone children, i suppose it changes place to place just like the uk

The Broadheads
      My two get on really well and play great together but after 6 weeks with only the two of them, they're desperate to get to school and meet some new friends