Question about Schools

Guest Pie

Hi there, do they have primary then middle School, then high school? I was looking on a thread on here regarding Schools and somebody said they start at reception y1, untill yr12. Does that mean they are in the same School from age 4 untill there 18 yrs? and they dont leave primary to go up to big school?

I cant find the thread to ask, so I thought I would just ask anyone who as kids in School. Thankyou

Year 12 is approx 18yrs old. Although the rec to yr 12 schools are on the same site they are normally on seperate campuses (sp) so the older ones dont really mix with the younger ones. I'm sure theres people on here with kids at r-12 that can explain this a bit better than me

Wendy

Guest uptheiron
Year 12 is approx 18yrs old. Although the rec to yr 12 schools are on the same site they are normally on seperate campuses (sp) so the older ones dont really mix with the younger ones. I'm sure theres people on here with kids at r-12 that can explain this a bit better than me

Wendy

We have four kids all went to primary until yr7 then left that school and went to high school from yr 8 till yr 12 daughter in yr 12 and will be 18 in sept

Hope this helps

Hi there, do they have primary then middle School, then high school? I was looking on a thread on here regarding Schools and somebody said they start at reception y1, untill yr12. Does that mean they are in the same School from age 4 untill there 18 yrs? and they dont leave primary to go up to big school?

I cant find the thread to ask, so I thought I would just ask anyone who as kids in School. Thankyou

Most independents (fee paying) go from reception to year 12. I don't think that is typical in the state sector though.

Cooler

Do you have to pay for the Education at state Schools? If so how much? and is there a big price difference between state and private Schools? And do they do GCSE? or Alevels? Thankyou

Do you have to pay for the Education at state Schools? If so how much? and is there a big price difference between state and private Schools? And do they do GCSE? or Alevels? Thankyou

Yes you do have to pay - State schools range from about $300 a year in the lower years, to around $800/$900 in the highest years. Private schools vary hugely - you could be looking at $4,000 a year...or you could be looking at $20,000 a year and everything in between. Extra costs to consider at private schools include uniforms (also most state schools), stationery, excursions...

The High Schools do something called SACE (South Australian Certificate of Education) - and some do the International Baccalaureate. The scores pupils achieve in these are what is considered by the Universities when offering places. It is possible to leave school before Year 12 if a child doesn't want to do Uni, and there are similar things to Sixth Form Colleges (Senior colleges) and TAFE (Tertiary and Further Education) - there are also VET subjects (Vocational training).

They do the SACE usually in Year 12 - they don't do GCSE or A Levels - those are English things.