• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Schools and bullying

Happy Valley
      91 times
      Don't worry Shelly - Kanjo's reply was aimed at Doje - nothing to do with you.

Touchy subject.
      Sallyh likes this.

Hallett Cove
      33 times
      Quote Originally Posted by shellymc View Post
      Hi all

Just reading a few threads and it's scaring me about the amount of bullying going on in the schools for being British. I have a 8 and 6 year old, my 8 year old was bullied for 18 months in his school in the uk and we have been to he'll and back, my son now lacks in confidence and is quite a nervous child. Just worried that if I come to oz it will start all over again, I don't think my poor son could take it again. We are thinking of moving around hallet cove or even Christies beach area so could anyone reassure me in any way please because this is a big issue

We moved over in August 2010 and my three kids started at Hallett Cove R-12 (Ages 8 girl,10 girl ,and 12 boy) in Sept. They all went to a village primary school in Herefordshire max pupils about 100, the eldest one had started High School and had completed his first year there.

We have been so pleased with how the have settled in at the school and how they have been made to feel welcome. The two eldest went on camp just after they started and they had a ball. On their first day at HCS their teachers came to the reception to welcome them and introduce themselves to me. We went on the normal school tour when we arrived and then had a meeting with the Deputy Principal to discuss their enrolment and which class/ year group to put them in. We had put together from their UK schools, reports and a character reference and also their immunisation records.

The eldest has mentioned that some kids seem to hate Pom's (middle school) but he hasn't had any issues. They have all made good friends and are really enjoying their time at HCS.

When you get here I would have a look round the schools and go with what feels right for your children.

If there is anything else I can help with please ask. :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123