Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By sarahtwinn82

Thread: British A levels

Exclamation British A levels

Hi, i was just wondering about the education system over in Adelaide.
      My mum is moving out there in september and I want to go with her but I'll only just be finishing my first year of college, meaning I will only be half way through my A levels.
      Im currently studying applied science, english literature, sociology and religious studies.
      Is there any way I would be able to continie my A level studies in Adelaide?

Highbury, SA
      4221 times
      They don't do A Levels here, but there is something called the SACE which is more or less equivalent at the end of Year 12. Depending on how old you are and your choice, you could either go into Year 11 or Year 12 at a high school and I'm sure your learning so far would be useful as a foundation.

Alternatively, there are a couple of what I would say are the equivalent of "UK Sixth Form Colleges" - I know of two as a couple of my daughter's friends have recently moved to them - Eynesbury (MANY FACES, DIFFERENT PATHWAYS) and the USC (University Senior College | Your future starts here)
      ... but there are probably a lot more. Do a google search for Senior College Adelaide.

Probably well worth dropping the colleges/schools an email and asking them about their subject choices and getting them to send you some info about the SACE. If you are considering moving to Adelaide/Australia as a long term thing, it is probably better to get an Australian qualification if you can.

Also just found this which might be interesting - recognised qualifications for Uni entrance here: http://www.international.adelaide.ed...ion/#undergrad

Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

Our eldest is 17 and when we arrived last August she pulled her face about going back to school, yes there are a few senior collages but they cost. Students generally stay at school till they are 18 studying for their SACE 2. To cut a long story short she's back at school ( Reynella East) and loving it. You get to choose 4 subjects (just like collage). You also get treated differently in Year 11 &12. Most of the kids drive to school because you can drive at 16 here. The subject choices are very good and varied and they will take into account any study you've already done. You'll be fine and you'll love it.
      angiewebster likes this.