Kindy/ Childcare in Port Noarlunga & Christies Beach

Guest shella_n

Guest shella_n

Hi

We are relocating from Mawson Lakes to Port Noarlunga/Christies Beach in a couple of months and im looking for some recommendations for childcare & Kindy in these areas for my 4 year old.

It really does have to be a good kindy/ childcare as my daughter is on the autsim spectrum and just needs that little bit of extra help.

I did see a post a couple of weeks ago for a childcare in christies beach but cant find it for the life of me.

Any general advice on living in these areas very welcome. We cant wait to get down there - we ar edriving down each weekend at the moment but we are tied by our current lease (agghhhh).

Its been a major descision whether to move or not cause we have made some fab friends up here and I am very reluctant to move the girls out of school again (my eldest is only in year 1 and when we move it will be her 3rd primary school!) but we are all sea lovers - diving/ surfing/ snorkelling and I think being down there will suit our lifestyle much better

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Thanks

Michelle

Wow you are brave considering it but I love it down here. My son is currently attending Frieda Corp Kindy

Frieda Corpe Kindergarten - home

but there is a waiting list so it might be worth ringing and seeing if they have space for the time your thinking of. Second to the Christies North is supposed to be really good.

The school in Port Noarlunga is fab, so friendly and they have a four year old programme to help with transition form kindy to school too. and it's free

Port Noarlunga Primary School and Aquatic Centre - 4 Year Old Programme

If you need a daycare centre mine go to

Christies Beach Children's Centre & Kindergarten - mychild.gov.au

it's a nice small centre and the kids love it but there is also Stepping Stones down here and heard good report about it but I prefer this for my kids. You just need to have a look round them. They have a bus that does wrap round care for the kids that go to kindy too.

On a different note there are some lovely folk down here and I have some lovely friends and the lifestyle is great. Next time you planning a trip PM and we could meet up if you like.

Would avoid the very North end of Christies beach and Christie down even though I know people who live there. Just depends on your budget etc.

Also I don't know if it matters to you or not but the train line is currently closed between Noarlunga and Oakland whilst the replace the track for sixth months. My husband is currently getting the bus replacement service and lifts to get to and from work :arghh:

Other close by suburbs Morphett Vale, Woodcroft, Seaford, Onkaparinga Hills, Old Noarlunga. Good luck with your search and if you need a hand etc just let me know.

Guest shella_n

Hi Michelle

Thanks so much for that! I konw - its crazy that we are relocating again but we came all this way looking for our perfect lifestyle and unfortuantely its down there not up here. We moved to ML originally as my husbands job was in Elizabeth but now he is working int the city so it makes the commute to PN do-able.

Yes, I had heard about the trains - we both work in the CBD so it will affect both of us but im hoping by the time we move there will only be a couple more months of commuting by car.

PN school is good then? I must admit I was a bit put off the school becuse of their Naplan results - its the only thing I had to go on as I dont know anyone down that way yet - I should mabye go and view it though I guess. I have applied for the girls to go to St Johns the Apostle in Christes Beach, but they havent actually been offered a place yet - have you heard anything about that schoool.

It would defiantely be great to meet up and chat with someone who is already there! We are coming down most weekends so I'll pm you when we are next coming if thats ok.

In some ways I am more worried about this move than the move from the UK (as bizzare as it sounds) mainly becuase of the kids - they have settled here and now i will be uprooting them again - so I need to make sure its the right move cause I cant move them again after that.

We are applying for PR at the moment and were hoping we coudl time the move down south with our PR so we could buy a plcace but thanks to the woman at my husbands work dealing with the application I think it will be xmas before we get it cause she is soooo slow so will prob have to rent first.

Blimey - ive gone on heaps! Thanks again for the advice. Any more greatly appreciated!

Michelle

Hi Michelle no worries you can look me up on facebook if you like too.

I had not looked at the Naplan results but the general feel for the school was good and never really considered another school as could not see the point of paying for primary school and as we are not religious. Sorry I don't know anyone who sends there kids there.

We were the same when we considered moving to Brisbane and then we had to move from Sheidow park down here we moved day care centres and kindy and was so worried about my son but he loves it here so was definitely a positive move for us.

Good luck with it all :jiggy:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest paul smith

Hello there,

I have recently relocated to PN also from Hallett Cove, not far but I have also found it more unsettling thatn moving from the UK. My two boys are also very happy at Seacliff School and I am hesitating in moving them. It will be oldest 4th primary school! However I have a 6 month old and the school runs are killing me. I have a friend who has sent her boys to St John the Apostle and is very pleased with it. She did look at PNPS, but she was worried at the time as they were behind in their education and hedged her bets with private ed. I have been to the school and it has a great feel. IT is about to undergo $4m redevelopment and it will only improve. I have another friend who is a teacher and married to a teacher and she is sending her son there in term 3 this year. I also know someone who sent her son to Frieda Corpe ( which is a stones throw from PNPS ) and was very happy with it, they helped him with his speech issues. I have n ot looked at it yet, but will be checking it out soon. Lastly, ( I will shut up soon ) I have not heard anything bad about the school when I ask around, and I have asked everyone I know. I have also spoken to my neighbours son who went there ( he came over from Scotland ) and he loved the school, said everyone made him welcome and he is now at Cadijn which he loves. My 2nd son and I have also been to play up at the school after school and talked to the year 5's and they were really friendly and told us that their school was Awesome!

However, all this said I am still sooooo scared of moving my 10 year old!

Becky.

• 7 months later...
Guest manxstones

Hi Michelle, i was in touch with you earlier this year re a thread i started about Port Noarlunga PS and we said we'd arrange a meet up when we got here as our girl's were the same age. I have sent you a few messages but since they changed pia its a bit of a minefield. Are you in the area now ? Did you put your chidren into PNPS ? Gabriella started a few weeks ago , she's in ms eldridge class but Francesca doesn't start till the new school year in Jan. I haven't put Francesca in Kindy as Frieda corpe were full and as i didn't know where we'd be living i didn't look much further as we only had one car which Darren was using to get to work so it had to be in walking distance. Francesca is doing the 4yr old programme so has 2 seesions a week at school but from being in school for two years it all seems a bit babyish but you just have to go with the flow. We're just off beach road until nov 30th but have secured a rental in Christie Down's, so the girl's will still be going to PNPS. My number is 0419516757 if you fancy meeting up for a coffee/playdate.

Helen x