Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By The Monaghans

Thread: reception class.

reception class.

We are planning to emigrate sept 1st, my youngest daughter turns 5 end of october, will she be eligible for reception then or in the new term in jan 2012 ?

Woodcroft, SA
      410 times
      Hi there, if your daughter turns 5 at the end of October then she'll be starting school the following term which will be January 30th 2012. Hope this helps!
      manxstones likes this.
      Liz, Rich, Hattie, Rory and Trev the dog.

South Plympton, Adelaide
      1114 times
      Some schools do have mid term entry, so check with the schools you are interested in. Otherwise enrol her in the kindy that feeds the school for the rest of term 4, that way she'll do transition visits to the school with the rest of the kids and she'll have a chance to make friends before the long school holidays....and maybe some for you too :). If she has already been at school in the UK, the school may accept her into term 4, check with the school. There is some leeway, especially when it is only a matter of a term, but it is done on individual cases.
      Sailed SS Australis out of Southampton 1977.Arrived October in Adelaide via Melbourne 1977.Liverpool/London 1987 - 1992
      Adelaide 1992 to eternity:)and one day you'll wake up and stop counting how long you've been here.

we moved over early Oct 05'. My daughter wasn't 5 till end of Oct but had already completed alot of reception in UK. Seaford Rise primary let her start the minute she was 5 ( at their discretion) to finish reception and in the new year began Yr 1. Up until now she has always been a year ahead but is now resitting a year to slot back in with kids of her own age.

Hi, that's what i wondered, Francesca is only due to start reception this september after a year of pre school, to be honest we didn't think we'd going this year as wasn't expecting to get our visa granted so quickly. We looked at seaford rise but like the look of Moana primary and Willunga because of the amount of sport they do. If she doesn't start school till Jan 2012 i guess she's not missing much just having a much longer summer holiday which i'm sure she wouldn't mind !
      How do you rate Seaford rise ?

our daughter now goes to moana primary. ;)

Hi, what do you think of that school ? we've looked at that too. It's hard to judge a school on it's website, much better to have people's personal opinion ! Helen.