Port Noarlunga primary school.

Guest manxstones

Guest manxstones

Hi, does anyone have any thoughts or experiences of Port Noarlunga primary school ? We are emigrating in october with our two daughters age 7 & 4 but will be 5 end of october. We are renting in Christie's beach at first and will be looking for a long term rental in the surrounding suburbs so port noarlunga seems ideal as it's in the middle of everwhere. Any info good or bad would be great.:GEEK:

Thanks Helen.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hughescl
Hi, does anyone have any thoughts or experiences of Port Noarlunga primary school ? We are emigrating in october with our two daughters age 7 & 4 but will be 5 end of october. We are renting in Christie's beach at first and will be looking for a long term rental in the surrounding suburbs so port noarlunga seems ideal as it's in the middle of everwhere. Any info good or bad would be great.:GEEK:

Thanks Helen.

Hi Helen

We are also looking at this school, and have been in touch with the principle this week as we arrive end June. Very impressed with the email corespondance we have received and they seem realy helpful. We have a visit lined up for 4th July so will be able to give an update then Claire :)

Guest manxstones

Hi Claire, Thanks that would be great, have sent them an email this morning so that's good to know about their correspondance. Wow you haven't wasted any time getting out there, we're taking our dog Boycie so that's more paperwork, planning and blood tests so couldn't just go like you are, wish we were ! Also we couldn't find any pet friendly rentals available that we liked at the right dates or right area etc. Where are you staying when you first arrive ? We are staying at Boomerang house at Christie's beach. Can i add you as a friend as our children are the same age ! especially as we could be at the same school, but you'll be settled by the time we get there !

We live in the Isle of Man and noticed your timescale has been the same as ours ! I notice your husband is a carpenter, so is mine, do you have jobs set up yet or are you going to wait till you get there ? Our plan is to have a few months holiday,( never did that gap year thing !) as we haven't had one for years since we decided to go through with the oz thing ! getting settled and looking for work, and a long term rental. I'm a nursery nurse so will do supply through Randstad education until i find a suitable postion. Not too worried about the work thing, our research shows there is more work potential in oz than back here.

Must go, got to take Gabriella to her Irish dance class.

Helen x

Guest hughescl
Hi Claire, Thanks that would be great, have sent them an email this morning so that's good to know about their correspondance. Wow you haven't wasted any time getting out there, we're taking our dog Boycie so that's more paperwork, planning and blood tests so couldn't just go like you are, wish we were ! Also we couldn't find any pet friendly rentals available that we liked at the right dates or right area etc. Where are you staying when you first arrive ? We are staying at Boomerang house at Christie's beach. Can i add you as a friend as our children are the same age ! especially as we could be at the same school, but you'll be settled by the time we get there !

We live in the Isle of Man and noticed your timescale has been the same as ours ! I notice your husband is a carpenter, so is mine, do you have jobs set up yet or are you going to wait till you get there ? Our plan is to have a few months holiday,( never did that gap year thing !) as we haven't had one for years since we decided to go through with the oz thing ! getting settled and looking for work, and a long term rental. I'm a nursery nurse so will do supply through Randstad education until i find a suitable postion. Not too worried about the work thing, our research shows there is more work potential in oz than back here.

Must go, got to take Gabriella to her Irish dance class.

Helen x

Hi Helen

We are staying in one of Tamara's houses in Christies beach when we first arive for 4 weeks, can't remember the name. Yes Paul has a job lined up as we were going to get RSMS sponsorship but the 176 came through first, still going to take the job and see how things go. I'm being made redundant end May and only had 6 months to validate so we thought let's go for it, as could not realy afford to validate and come back anyway as recently had a holiday. Be god to stay in touch particulaly if our children go to the same school, will keep you updated on school, work etc Claire x

Hi there guys,

You are both at the same address!

I expect that you will get some more opinions about Port Noarlunga primary...I am biased so I will not comment! I have a Yorkshire family here at the moment who were there during the week and they are active on this site. There's also plenty of former guests who send their kids their so lets hope they comment.

See you all soon!

Tamara

Guest shella_n

Hi Helen

Look me up when u get here. I've got 2 girls exactly the same age as yours. We have been I Mawson lakes for the last year but we are moving to port noarlunga on July. Our kids are enrolled at St John the apostle in Christies beach. have you looked at the my school website it shows you the Naplan results ( which is like ofsted) for the school results. we love it in pm and are down there every weekend - if I can help in any way let me know!

Michelle

Guest manxstones

Hi Michelle, thanks for the info, have had a quick look at it. Will definately look you up when we get there. Its handy meeting someone with girls the same age, i'll be able to pick your brains. I have a friend in Seaford but her son is 13 and at high school so hasn't any experience of primary schools. They have been in Seaford for nearly two years and love it. Catch up soon. Helen x

Guest Damien

Guess what, we stayed at Tamara's place last year. Thoroughly recommended! And our kids (9 and 5) went to PNPS. We had to take them out of there though, the school run from Mount Gambier was getting too much! Seriously though, the school was pretty good, yeah it had its mix of feral kids like all schools but our kids loved it there. You want feral, come down south...:biglaugh: And Mount Gambier is supposed to be a city :nah: Good for my work though....

Damo the fishpig

Guest hughescl
Hi Michelle, thanks for the info, have had a quick look at it. Will definately look you up when we get there. Its handy meeting someone with girls the same age, i'll be able to pick your brains. I have a friend in Seaford but her son is 13 and at high school so hasn't any experience of primary schools. They have been in Seaford for nearly two years and love it. Catch up soon. Helen x

Hi Helen

What high school is your friends son at? My son is 13 and trying to get info on high schools around the Port Noarlunga area looking at Cardijn College but it would be good if there are other reasonible ones in the area state or private (as long as the fees not to expensive) Thanks Claire x

Guest manxstones
Hi Helen

What high school is your friends son at? My son is 13 and trying to get info on high schools around the Port Noarlunga area looking at Cardijn College but it would be good if there are other reasonible ones in the area state or private (as long as the fees not to expensive) Thanks Claire x

Hi Claire, her son is at Tatachilla Lutheran College in Mclaren Vale, about 7 miles from Christies beach. I'm not sure what the fees are like but can find out for you, it is a private school, Tracey said the state high schools can be a bit feral ! but that's probably the same wherever you live. I know they are very happy with their choice of school. I'll get back to you on that.

TTFN Helen x:chatterbox:

HI Guys

My daughter went to Port Noarlunga School for the first 2 years we were in Australia, unfortunatley I feel they were wasted years for her education. There are some lovely things about the school well one anyway,it has a great aquatics programme!! However the kids only get to enjoy this one week a year as do all the other schools in the area.

We have moved Skye to St Johns in Christies Beach and love it!!!!!!! SHe has already progressed more in the term than she did in 2 years at PNPS and has been in a swimming carnival among other great events.

It is all personal opinion and I know plenty of people who love PNPS however it was not for us...

Heidi

Guest hughescl
Hi Claire, her son is at Tatachilla Lutheran College in Mclaren Vale, about 7 miles from Christies beach. I'm not sure what the fees are like but can find out for you, it is a private school, Tracey said the state high schools can be a bit feral ! but that's probably the same wherever you live. I know they are very happy with their choice of school. I'll get back to you on that.

TTFN Helen x:chatterbox:

Thanks that would be great Claire x

Guest nic-manchester

Hello

Been interesting to read your posts, we too are hoping to get in that school and we have two daughters 6 and 3, looks a good school. Just had a CO appointed and are looking to come out Feb 2012, a bit after you.

Done lots of research on PN and it looks a magnificent place with lots to offer, we too have looked at Tamara's site and are hoping to rent from her when we go.

Please could you keep in touch with your progress would be nice to hear how you get on :cute: Nicola

Guest hughescl
Hello

Been interesting to read your posts, we too are hoping to get in that school and we have two daughters 6 and 3, looks a good school. Just had a CO appointed and are looking to come out Feb 2012, a bit after you.

Done lots of research on PN and it looks a magnificent place with lots to offer, we too have looked at Tamara's site and are hoping to rent from her when we go.

Please could you keep in touch with your progress would be nice to hear how you get on :cute: Nicola

Hi Nicola I will do a post when I have visited the school on 4th July

Thanks Claire:)

Guest Murphy642

Just to let you know that my daughter is 6 and she goes to Tatachilla and she loves it. You can google it: Tatachilla Lutheran College. The website tells you the fees etc. Good luck with your choices!!!

Guest nic-manchester
HI Guys

My daughter went to Port Noarlunga School for the first 2 years we were in Australia, unfortunatley I feel they were wasted years for her education. There are some lovely things about the school well one anyway,it has a great aquatics programme!! However the kids only get to enjoy this one week a year as do all the other schools in the area.

We have moved Skye to St Johns in Christies Beach and love it!!!!!!! SHe has already progressed more in the term than she did in 2 years at PNPS and has been in a swimming carnival among other great events.

It is all personal opinion and I know plenty of people who love PNPS however it was not for us...

Hello Thankyou for this post, I have looked at the St John's in Christies Beach, I feel really silly asking but how much do you have to pay for the school fees there? I looked on the website and that couldn't see any reference to fees, I have a feeling it will be a lot more than PN as it is a church school. My children attent church school here and I would really like them to continue it however all depends on price I know it sounds awful!!

thanks

Nicola

Guest nic-manchester
We pay $650 per term, this includes books, stationery, school trips etc etc....

A term is approx 10 weeks!!!!

If you have more than one child in the school there is a discount.

Hope this helps

Heidi x

Thankyou for that infomrmation will have another look into it :-)

Nicola

Guest manxstones

Hi Nicola, you won't be long getting your visa now they have really caught up !we were appointed a co and two weeks later our 176 visa was granted ! what type of visa have you applied for ? It would be good to keep in touch as our girls are similar ages, then by the time you come out we'll be settled and able to help you settle.

Will keep in touch,

Helen x:chatterbox:

Guest Ddebs

Hiya, my name is Debs and I have just joined this site. I noticed your post regarding Port Noarlunga Primary. I went to see it when I was in Adelaide last month and I really liked it. My son has a provisional place there to start in August ( he is 11, year 6) . I found the staff very warm and friendly and welcoming, the school had good facilities and the children seemed happy and friendly too. I'm pretty confident that my son will settle nicely. They have several children there from the UK and the head said that they have settled in very well. My son was with me and he really doesn't want to move to Australia but even he was positive after his visit to the school.

I'm thinking about High Schools too and this website looks like it will be invaluable as it's a minefield sorting this stuff out when you are not actually in the country as I'm sure you'll know!

Debs

Guest hughescl
Hiya, my name is Debs and I have just joined this site. I noticed your post regarding Port Noarlunga Primary. I went to see it when I was in Adelaide last month and I really liked it. My son has a provisional place there to start in August ( he is 11, year 6) . I found the staff very warm and friendly and welcoming, the school had good facilities and the children seemed happy and friendly too. I'm pretty confident that my son will settle nicely. They have several children there from the UK and the head said that they have settled in very well. My son was with me and he really doesn't want to move to Australia but even he was positive after his visit to the school.

I'm thinking about High Schools too and this website looks like it will be invaluable as it's a minefield sorting this stuff out when you are not actually in the country as I'm sure you'll know!

Debs

Hi Debs

I have 2 children 7 & 13 so also looking at high schools as well as primary, this site is very good as often the website of the school can look great then you get the real comments on here!! Claire:)

Hi, we are the Yorkies in Tamara's Cottage. Our daughter started at PNPS on Monday. She loves it, shes made new friends, fitted in straight away and after talking to the staff at the school we have no second thoughts at all. One thing to bear in mind is the school is having a massive revamp next year. They are knocking down some of the old huts and building a new block which they say is much needed.

Andrew

Guest hughescl
Hi, we are the Yorkies in Tamara's Cottage. Our daughter started at PNPS on Monday. She loves it, shes made new friends, fitted in straight away and after talking to the staff at the school we have no second thoughts at all. One thing to bear in mind is the school is having a massive revamp next year. They are knocking down some of the old huts and building a new block which they say is much needed.

Andrew

That's good to know we have a meeting lined up for the 4th July Claire:)