Recommended Schools in Gawler/Hewett

Guest owenker4

Guest owenker4

Hiya,

We are due to arrive in Hewett Gawler in November 2011 :jiggy: and are lucky enough to have a lovely Cousin and her OH who are putting myself, my OH and our 2 children up for as long as it takes for us to find a place to settle. She recommends Hewett Primary for our 6 year old and St Savior or Trinity for our 14 year old. I am just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for schools or if they personally know what Trinity and Hewett are like for schools??

Any feedback would be really apprecited.

Thanks in advance :biglaugh:

Kerry, Neil, Ashleigh & Ciara xx

Hiya,

We are due to arrive in Hewett Gawler in November 2011 :jiggy: and are lucky enough to have a lovely Cousin and her OH who are putting myself, my OH and our 2 children up for as long as it takes for us to find a place to settle. She recommends Hewett Primary for our 6 year old and St Savior or Trinity for our 14 year old. I am just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for schools or if they personally know what Trinity and Hewett are like for schools??

I know a few that have gone to Hewett Primary and have not heard anything bad about it. Same applies to Trinity. I presume you mean Xavier as not heard of St.Savior? Our boy goes to Xavier and he loves it there. It has a great set up and so far have been really impressed. Other than that do not know much about any other schools although a few people send their kids to Kapunda senior school which i hear is good as well.

Guest owenker4

Thank you Ian, yes I did mean Xavior ha ha - still getting to grips obviously :) - good to hear another opinion and a good one at that.

thanks again Kerry x

Guest guest4829

Trinity has an outstanding reputation in the community. I have many friends who send their kids there. The fees are the only downside from what I hear.

Daniel

Guest Janine3979

Hiya,

Trinity is supposed to be really good but has a waiting list as long as your arm, so would look at other schools in the meantime. Heard Hewitt primary is good too and Immanuel Lutherian school which is on the Hewitt side of Gawler,( which trinity recommended while waiting to get in).

Nice to hear someone else moving to Gawler, it's a lovley town, and especially someone from Lancs too. We made the move from Chorley nearly a year ago.

Good Luck, hope it all goes well.

Hiya,

Hi have lived in the Gawler area for 4 years Youngest son attended Gawler high School,on the recomendation of a friend.

Whose daughters had both attended this school before gaining places at the Uni of their choice.

My son is now at Adelaide Uni doing a double Science and education degree.

I have found this high school to be very good and apart from the low yearly fee well worth it.

So you do not have to pay private fees and my son would not have gone to Trinity as this would have meant a full uniform had to be worn not his style especially with the lone hair in a ponytail.

Guest owenker4

Thank you for the posts everyone, its really helpful :) - Janine, we are not far from Chorley in Skem (luvlee little town that it is ha ha) can't wait for everything to fall into place now... How are you all finding it Janine??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Janine3979

Noticed you were local, it's been a journey so far have kind of just got our heads down for the first year, get us all settled and organised. Things really starting to come together now and realising why we made the move down under. Keep in touch and maybe we can meet up for a barbie when you get here!

If you need any help or have any questions feel free to ask!!