Primary Schools

Guest Guest1435

Guest Guest1435

Hi ,

My daughter is currently in year 4( she is 8 years old). Will she remain in year 4 or move down a year. Currently she is the youngest in heryearso I don't imagine moving down a yearwould be a huge problem

Also if we come out to Adelaide end April/beg May it would be halfway through a year...don't suppose thats an issue for her...I think children are quite resillient.

We have yet to narrow down areas in Adealide and good schools.

I have heard Blackwood and Morphett Vale are good......Any other info?

Thanks

Hi ,

My daughter is currently in year 4( she is 8 years old). Will she remain in year 4 or move down a year. Currently she is the youngest in heryearso I don't imagine moving down a yearwould be a huge problem

Also if we come out to Adelaide end April/beg May it would be halfway through a year...don't suppose thats an issue for her...I think children are quite resillient.

We have yet to narrow down areas in Adealide and good schools.

I have heard Blackwood and Morphett Vale are good......Any other info?

Thanks

My son was 7.5 when he arrived and the school just sat us down and had a full discussion about his needs his strengths and weeknesses, he just complete yr 2 in UK and was going into yr 3, he was placed in a yr 1-2 class with our agreement. (They would have put him where-ever we asked within reason. He fitted in quite nicely even though he was one of the youngest in the class. We've found that the work is a lot less challenging than the UK and the kids are both ahead in the year. Most of the classes are mixed classes and children are more matched with ability rather than rigid classes by date of birth. Warn your daughter that the class will be a lower number but the children will be the same age as her, my son was very unimpressed as we couldn't get it through to him that he was not going back to the little classes.

Hope this helps

Dip

It will depend which term / month your children are enrolled in & their DOB.

EG

My youngest was 7 years, in Oct (Term 4 here) he went back into Reception/Year 1.

My eldest was 11 years & he went into Year 5 /6.

From the end of Jan 08, Term 1 they will be in Year 2 & Year 6.

Our youngest (Cheyenne) will turn 8 in April and will start yr 2 when school starts up again end of this month.

Tori (of the kids forum) will be 16 this coming Friday and will start yr 11 when school starts up again this month.