Primary and high schools near Happy valley.

Guest ebstar

Guest ebstar

Hi all,we just moved into our rental in Happy Valley and need to get the kids into school asap.Idealy i would like to send my 9/10 yr olds to the local school but would like to look at another to give us a wider picture of whats available. For my 14yr old we would probably look at Rynella east high or maybe Aberfoyle park high.I know our children are all very different and such but would like to get a broader picture from others who may have experienced the schools localy.It may help me to narrow down the ones to look at.In the UK we ended up with the children at three seperate schools to suit their needs.Obviously i would prefere not to do this unless necassary. Thankyou for any help.

My daughter has happily been at Happy Valley Primary School for 3 years now. It is a small school, which I feel is an advantage than the bigger schools around ( Its is actually two school schools, a Primary and Junior Primary, run by one head and two deputys). The school itself has recently had been updated in many ways along with joining the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden programme where the children now have superb cooking lessons and they grow there own fruit and veg to use in the lessons.. Make an appointment with Kylie Raymond the head, she is a lovely lady who has a passion for childrens education. 8381 7166

Both my kids are at Reynella East High school (or reynella east college as it's now called). I have had no major problems there and my daughter is currently in her last year there having completed all her senior schooling there. Like all schools there are some great teachers and some not so great but you will get that anywhere. The school has a special music programme which my son is part of and he gets guitar lessons - supposed to be group lessons but there are never more than 3 in his group - for which we pay $40 per year (or could be per semester which would still only be $80 p/a). They also have a sports based programme but I don't know much about that. The school has just become an R-12 with the primary school next to it but the only real change has been the name. There is some quite major building work going on at the moment as a result of this but the kids have said this has had no disruption to them.