Hallett Cove R-12 School??

Guest Sandra&Shaun

Guest Sandra&Shaun

Hi all,

Just popped over from another forum, first post here!

We are due to arrive in Adelaide around 3rd March and intend to settle in Hallett Cove. I have been considering enrolling our two lovlies (aged 13 & 11) at Hallett Cove R-12 School - my rationale being that although one will be in yr 6 and one in yr 8, at least they can go to school together and come home together (hopefully not long before they have their own friends) making life easier for them (and for us having to get them there each day).

I have heard mixed reports - some say their kids love it, and others wouldn't enroll their kids there for anything.

Any opinions would be appreciated!:unsure:

Sandra x

Guest Libby1971

Hi

We wanted to do exactly the same thing but weren't living in the right zone at the time. I haven't moved to get the kids to the school.

Aberfoyle Park has schools on the same site as does Reynella East. Reynella East has applied for the extra funding being released by the govt for schools becoming R-12 and has state backing so no reason to think lots of scrummy money heading the way of the kids school relatively soon.

Libby

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Libby1971

hi

the original programme was done Aug 06, the follow up in Sept 07.

R-12 means the schools have children there from Reception to Year 12. Hallett Cove Heights is a new development on the other side of the road from the rest of Hallett Cove and this is the only area not covered by the catchment zone, I think.

Glad you liked the programme Moira

Libby