Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Riponian

Thread: Port Noarlunga Primary School

2 times

Port Noarlunga Primary School

Hi All,

Been here two weeks now and the kids are looking to start school week after next, for the final week of term, we also move into a house at Seaford Meadows next week. We have a boy whose 11 and a girl 9, we have done the rounds of most of the schools, and all think that PNPS is the choice for the kids to go to. The Principal was really positive and passionate about her school and hopefully this rubs off on everyone else. She did say there were a lot of English kids at the school so just wondered if anyone had any feedback from their experiences?

127 times
      To be honest at times I had my doubts about the school, however, in recent months they have certainly come into their own, especially for my son. The principal is lovely and I really like the Assistant Principal, she has been fantastic. Most of the teachers I have met are great and the kids seem happy at the school. They are upgrading the class rooms which are in desperate need to be done. They have Open nights, do school camps and I always love the Twilight Dance night they do. Kids really enjoy it. The before and after school care is good and they do great outings in Vacation Care. Of course like any school there are ups and downs but I can honestly say they have the child's interest at heart.

Pt Noarlunga
      436 times

I know many people who are really happy with it and as far as schools go it is probably ok but for us it did not fit. When I met with the principal she did not fill me with confidence at all and I have heard that discipline is slack in the older years.
      Having said that the teachers are dedicated and the school is in a lovely local. I don't want to start a huge debate but the main thing is you have looked and you like what you see and compared to it to others in the area. It is a very personal choice and only you know what is right for your family.

Hope you are happy with Adelaide and enjoying living here and good luck with the rest of things..
      Damms likes this.
      Michelle, Phil, Nathan, and Libby. PR175 arrived Oct 2009