Primary Schools, Moana, Seaford or Port Noarlunga ??

rusty5000

Hi, we are moving over in January and will be renting in Moana for 6 weeks. Our son has just started school here in the UK and is loving it, the school he is going to is a lovely small village school. We have been researching schools in Adelaide and Moana, Seaford K7 and Port Noarlunga all look good but I just wanted to know if they all have a good reputation?? is there any we should avoid? we will be looking around all of them when we arrive but just wanted to hear from people actually out there now. Our son will be starting on 30th jan so if anyone one else has children starting at any of these schools please get in touch. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Guest bidsandrew

Hi Rusty5000, we are looking at the same areas as you and as you our son (6) will be starting school end of Jan. I will be interested to see what replies you get.

Bridget

Guest shella_n

Look on the my school website - you can see the Naplan results of the schools there ( although there is much Debate on how much emphasis you should put on these results) but it may help you

We moved over start of Sept and my 7 year old has just started Moana school and loves it. We too are renting in Moana but they do have catchment areas but do not seem that strict, unlike back in the UK. It has around 400 pupils in the school and the Infants and Juniors are part of the same school, which I thought strange at first but dosnt seem to faze the little ones at all. My son had a buddy when he first got their to look out for him and he has never looked back. They are really big on sports over here and say if they have any problems with UK kids its usually because they are not as interested in sports as Oz kids, but as my son is only 7 this has not been a problem. The other schools looked good too, think you have to go with your gut, and look round all schools you like, totally different just loooking on a website, and as head teacher said, its only a website!! All round Moana, Port Noarlunga, Seaford is lovely and only minutes from the beach. You will love it, hope this helps

Debs

We moved over start of Sept and my 7 year old has just started Moana school and loves it. We too are renting in Moana but they do have catchment areas but do not seem that strict, unlike back in the UK. It has around 400 pupils in the school and the Infants and Juniors are part of the same school, which I thought strange at first but dosnt seem to faze the little ones at all. My son had a buddy when he first got their to look out for him and he has never looked back. They are really big on sports over here and say if they have any problems with UK kids its usually because they are not as interested in sports as Oz kids, but as my son is only 7 this has not been a problem. The other schools looked good too, think you have to go with your gut, and look round all schools you like, totally different just loooking on a website, and as head teacher said, its only a website!! All round Moana, Port Noarlunga, Seaford is lovely and only minutes from the beach. You will love it, hope this helps

Debs

Thanks Debs, really helpful post. It is so nice to hear positive real stories so thank you. Might meet you in the school playground in Jan!! How are you enjoying living in Moana?? I can not wait to get out there, just so much to do before we go!!!. Thanks again for your post. Nicki

Thanks Debs, really helpful post. It is so nice to hear positive real stories so thank you. Might meet you in the school playground in Jan!! How are you enjoying living in Moana?? I can not wait to get out ther

e, just so much to do before we go!!!. Thanks again for your post. Nicki

Moana is great, lovely beaches, 5 mins to Port Noarlunga and 5 mins to Seaford Shops. We like it so much we staying in area, and were only here just over two weeks beofre we enrolled my son in school, looked at other areas, aldinga,hallet cove, even mount barker up in the hills but loved being by the beaches, and their are so many lovely beaches in this area. We are staying in the boronia rental at present,is that the one you have? Its lovely and kim is great, shops just 5 mins up road. We also went to the poms in adelaide meet up on sunday, which was held on Port Noarlunga beach, and meet some lovely people,got some good tips too!! All good so far, so hope all goes well with your move, any questions we can help with just ask. Take care

Debs

Hi loved Moana - did not consider living so far south but fell in love with the area!

Now in Seaford Meadows. Moana Primary was nice but the head did not engage well with my daughter and kept stating ah well if you're not living nearby then how will she make friends? Note we're 5 minutes away by car? Couple of other things that didnt feel right - but this is us personally, you may well feel different when you visit. My daughter goes to Seaford K7, lovelly homely and village feel primary (we also came from a village in the UK), head is really friendly and spoke more to my daughter than us on the visit which was a huge plus for us! She loves it there and has settled in really well :)

Best of luck x

Moana is great, lovely beaches, 5 mins to Port Noarlunga and 5 mins to Seaford Shops. We like it so much we staying in area, and were only here just over two weeks beofre we enrolled my son in school, looked at other areas, aldinga,hallet cove, even mount barker up in the hills but loved being by the beaches, and their are so many lovely beaches in this area. We are staying in the boronia rental at present,is that the one you have? Its lovely and kim is great, shops just 5 mins up road. We also went to the poms in adelaide meet up on sunday, which was held on Port Noarlunga beach, and meet some lovely people,got some good tips too!! All good so far, so hope all goes well with your move, any questions we can help with just ask. Take care

Debs

Thanks Debs. Moana sounds fantastic. Yes we are staying with Kim at Boronia, she is really lovely and the house looks amazing so really looking forward to staying there, just don't think we will want to leave. So nice to hear you are loving moana and your new life in OZ. Will keep in touch. Thanks again, Nicki

Thanks Debs. Moana sounds fantastic. Yes we are staying with Kim at Boronia, she is really lovely and the house looks amazing so really looking forward to staying there, just don't think we will want to leave. So nice to hear you are loving moana and your new life in OZ. Will keep in touch. Thanks again, Nicki

Hi Nicki & Debs

Thanks for all the nice words,

Speak to you both soon

Kim

x