Bluecard? Planning on studying childcare in Uni.

Guest bexlvustars

Guest bexlvustars

Hey. My dad is in the process of applying for a visa for the whole family. Im curently studying Early childhood studies in college at degree level. As our visa may arrive before I start 3rd year in college I plan on trying to study a similar course in Adelaide. Ive been reading about this bluecard thing online. Do i need to apply for one before i go? or is it just for those living in Queensland? Ive been Garda (police) vetted here in Ireland and will be able to obtain the letter to prove it but is that enough?! Anybody any ideas about how you go about working in childcare or studying it in aus?! Thanks Becca :)

Guest scmercer

Hi,

I enrolled last year to do the Masters in Early Childhood and they didn't do any police checks until after I enrolled for the course. I am not sure if it has changed since then.