college

Guest georgiaoliviaharrison

Guest Jo&Phil

Adelaide College of Arts (TAFE) as Jtct has said - very big reputation and therefore competitive - headed up by former Director of Adelaide Fringe.

There is also Australian Company of Performing Arts http://www.acpa.com.au/ which I know less about but met someone who works/teaches there recently .. and she was very nice (and a Pom) and depending on your age there is also Windmill Theatre

http://www.windmill.org.au/about-us

By College I assume you mean yrs 12 and 13? If so there are a couple of schools here which focus on performing arts. http://www.ccss.sa.edu Charles Campbell secondary school has a performing arts stream in dance and drama. Many high schools here offer dance or drama as a yr 12 subject. Many dance schools offer SACE stage 2 dance (think A level equiv) outside of school hours. The TAFE courses are good as you end up with a bachelor level degree rather than a diploma, which would allow entry into post grad further study, such as teaching, law, etc I know one person who studied stage management at this TAFE and has now managed many big shows in Sydney, Melbourne and here.. A lot of people audition for interstate courses once they have completed yr 12. VCA in Melbourne, WAAPA in Perth are two of the most well known.

Guest Jennet
no i go to studio la point in garforth near where i live kippax which is in west yorkshire

oh i see just wondering as my daughter is 15 and she does performing arts with those two mentioned, thought you may know her we are in wakefield and we go to Adeaide 3rd July 2012.

Guest Jennet
oh i see just wondering as my daughter is 15 and she does performing arts with those two mentioned, thought you may know her we are in wakefield and we go to Adeaide 3rd July 2012.

we will also be looking at good performing art schools so may be worth you both keeping in touch she could guide you in the right direction :smile:

Guest Jennet
that would be nice jennet, if your daughter wants to keep in touch tell her to inbox me:)

hi i will do she is a friendly outgoing person, she's out at the moment with a friends get together LOL, so i will let her know. :smile: