Hallett Cove R-12

Guest carolyn

Guest carolyn

Hi Guys

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with info on R-12 School in Hallett Cove. Im having a bit of a dilema at the moment! My kids, aged 9 & 7 both go to a school down near brighton at the moment but we recently moved to Hallett cove (property much cheaper up the hill!) and am now pondering about moving schools. They go to a really good school at the moment but it would be nice for them to go more local so they get to know kids in the area and eventually can walk to and from school. Plus when they get to high school I would have to move them anyway as we are not in zone for brighton high.

I guess what i really want to know is what peoples view is of hallett cove high? Im really aprehensive about moving them when they are doing so well but would appreciate any advice info etc.

Cheers

Carolyn:arghh:

Guest guest1255

hi...i think the school has a lot to offer compared to most uk schools. my son starts yr 8 nxt wk and ive been impressed so far. its a public school so is obviously not going to be the best school in adelaide but as public schools go its fine :biggrin:

Guest carolyn

Thanks Tess, the school they are at now is a public school and thats really good too. Like you say, i think they are much better than what we'd get in the UK. Thanks for your help.

:wink:

I have 3 children at the school and whilst two of them (years 5 and 6 next week) are working at the right level, I have one who wants more work and is going into year 9.

Last year was their first full year at the school and despite asking for additional wotk in year 8, nothing transpired and we are hoping year 9 is gong to be more challenging for her (as this is what she also wants).

Part of the problem is that at present we keep comparing back to the UK (which is the wrong thing to do as we are now here).

The kids however seem settled at school and enjoy it (despite what they might say).