Guest Little_Mudblood

Guest Little_Mudblood

I'm 15 and my Dad has just been offered a job in Edwardstown and we are looking into moving to the Christie's Beach area. We are coming to visit over Easter to look at the area and schools. Has anyone got any good schools they can recommend and what is there to do in the area? I would quite like to get to know some people around my age before I move as well so at least I will know some people as soon as I arrive.

There are no "grammar schools" here like there still are in the UK. If you want to go to an all girls' school there is really only Mitcham Girls High on that side of town. This girls school is not zoned, so you can apply to go there wherever you live. The other one is in the northern suburbs, so quite a way from the Christies Beach area. The other girls schools are Catholic privates or Independent privates. The fees at the Catholic schools aren't too bad. These schools are St Marys College, St Aloysus College, Loretto College, Our Lady of Sacred Heart College. Independent girls schools are Walford, Wilderness, St Peters, Seymour College. There are some state high schools that have selective entry into some of their programmes. This is the Ignite programme where if capable you can take subjects at a higher level according to your ability. These schools include Glenunga International High, Aberfoyle Park High. If you wish to do languages that are not offered at your zoned high school then again you can apply to other schools like Glenunga and Adelaide High to see if there is a place.