Saxophones

Guest Heather2011

Guest Heather2011

Could anyone tell me how much i am likely to pay for an alto saxophone in Oz? would it be cheaper to buy one here before we go? My son currently has one on loan from the school and has just taken grade 4 so wants to carry it on in Oz.

Thanks

Guest Heather2011
Fwiw my FIL bought his son a new flute when over in the UK last year on holiday as apparently a big difference in price. Made a big saving.

Thanks Snifter, we had a quick look on an Oz website and the same sax we could get here for £210 was $1200...reckon we should buy 3 and sell 2 when we get to Oz! lol!

Most schools have a hire programme through one of the shops in town. Saxes are expensive here. My daughter learned in a school group free for two years and then we got a private tutor. This was $18 for a half hour. He used to teach in his house as he is retired, but still plays every weekend with his ensemble. I used to stay while the lesson was on and read a book. Not all state schools offer music lessons.

Thanks Snifter, we had a quick look on an Oz website and the same sax we could get here for £210 was $1200...reckon we should buy 3 and sell 2 when we get to Oz! lol!

Heh would be nice but remember the 12 month ownership rule for imports. Buying one won't raise an eyelid but if you come in with 3 or 4 of them I am sure they would be asking questions and you could end up having to pay through the nose.