Back to school after Xmas ?

Guest maxfactornackerlacker

I am planning a date to make the move over permanantly, and we have decided that the ideal time to come over, would be about 3 weeks before the schools start back after xmas. This will give us a few weeks to sort all of the things that we may need before they start school etc.

Does anyone have the dates that kids are due to return to school after the holidays ?

Also, if anyone has any comments about this plan in terms of timing ( positive or negative ) , i would be more than grateful.

Cheers

Max

P:S - kids are 10 & 13, so would be at different schools if this makes any difference ?

Schools go back in the last days of January. Most high schools begin either the same day or the day after primary schools. I would come just after New Year to give yourself a good amount of time to settle in and choose a school. In 2013 school year begins on 29th January. High schools sometimes just have their new yr 8s and yr 12s come in on the first day to get the newies settled and give the yr 12s a full start to gear them up. The other years then start the next day. Other high schools just all start on the first day.

Thanks.

I was hoping to get out at least 2 weeks before, so looks like I will plan for around 11th january.

My hope was to attempt to get the kids into a school before i came over, but not sure if this is possible ? My worry is, that if they are closed for the holidays, there is no way of arranging/meeting before the start of term.

Cheers max

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

I would contact the schools before you come over. I did this in December last year before we arrived in January. The schools we spoke to said they would all bel open the week before term started and I just rang and went to visit in that week and enrolled our daughter so she was able to start on the first day.

Thanks Wendy.

Looks like your timings are almost exactly as i plan mine to be, so reassuring. I will contact them soon, to make sure I understand about their admittance policies etc.

Thanks again.