Seacliff Primary School / follow on high school

niknjas

Hi

We are moving in September to Marino Rocks as have secured property there.

Have been humming and hawing whether to change from Christies Beach Primary due to the fact of hopping on the train every day with only one car and unfortunate to say but there have been a spate of red alerts recently outside school. Know it is not the schools fault but has anyone else been experiencing problems recently?

Am I right in thinking that Seacliff Primary is quite good (nearest one to us, as far as I am aware)?

Also what is the follow on high school from there please (forward thinking as ever:smile:). Don't need to think about it just yet, but will have to soon enough and does anybody know what the high school reputation is like please.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Niki

Heard good things about Seacliff know of a Mum who travels from Hallet Cove to take her kids there. I guess look at the schools websites have a look around at which high schools they feed and back down. Honestly if you are living at Marino the drag back down to Christies would quickly become a pain!

All you can do is look round once you get here R12 at Hallet cove has mixed reviews but once your here you can suss them all out and make the right choice for you

Thanks Michelle

I have looked at the my schools page and the school website and it all looks fine. Charlie and Phoebe are fine about moving too.My only concern is that sometimes you can look at the sites and it does not give you a true picture eg someone who knows what its like. My friend has just removed her offspring from HC as was not for them.

Thanks again

Niki

Hi

There is a lovely member on here Monty9110 who might be able to help you with info on Seacliff Primary. Send her a PM and i am sure she would be happy to help. I am also going to look at Seacliff primary this week as we move down that way at the end of the month. I haven't decided yet on whether to move the children as they seem happy where they are and are starting to make friends. It's such a hard decision. I am hoping seeing the school will help me make my mind up.

Out of interest what is a red alert??

Sarah

Hi Sarah

Thanks for that, I will pm her. It is a hard decision with changing school. Did it once to get here and Charlie has been settled there within three weeks of us getting here and Phoebe has just started Reception. I am also hoping that once I see the school, it will tick all the boxes.

Red Alerts are letters that the kids get home from school relating to an incident between strangers and the pupils, the police are then alerted, kids are talked to and we get letters saying what has happened. We had two last week. One was two mid aged blokes going up and down Maturin Avenue harrassing teenagers for their trainers and the other one was the old let me give you some sweets and get into my car. Friends daughter two weeks ago was followed in a car saying that her mum had asked for him to take her to hospital as she was sick. Needless to say thank god she did not. There are some very sick people in this world.

Good luck with the viewing around the school and let me know how you get on if poss

Thanks

Niki

Hi

There is a lovely member on here Monty9110 who might be able to help you with info on Seacliff Primary. Send her a PM and i am sure she would be happy to help. I am also going to look at Seacliff primary this week as we move down that way at the end of the month. I haven't decided yet on whether to move the children as they seem happy where they are and are starting to make friends. It's such a hard decision. I am hoping seeing the school will help me make my mind up.

Out of interest what is a red alert??

Sarah