Grange Primary School

thebowensclan

We are looking at Grange Primary School, West Lakes Shore & Henley Primary and was wondering whether anyone knows of them or has children at the schools?We would just like to gather as much info about the schools, good and bad please?Many thanks

Edited by thebowensclan
new schs on list

My children have been there 2 and a half years now, they seem happy enough. There are a number of other British kids there as well. There are obviously differences between the school and the one they went to in England, it is less strict, more casual, but class sizes are about the same. It is a big school with 600+ children, the headmaster seems a really nice guy and very effective at his job. Plenty of sport, obviously there are things that as a parent I moan about but nothing of great significance. My eldest thought the work was too easy and still complains at times of not being stretched, but my yougest hasn't had that problem. It is considered a good school by most, my kids went to an exceptionally good village school in the UK so maybe I haven't been as bowled over with it as others, but I have no major gripes (most would be the same at any other Australian school). The kids there are on the whole a nice bunch.

Many thanks, it's great to get firsthand feedback. We had a look today at West Lakes Shore Primary & also the kindy, both seemed really nice. Reception & years 1 & 2 have a real open plan feel about them but still had a feel of being organised. Think we prefer this, just going to have a look at Henley Primary tomorrow & then we'll make up our minds.Does anyone have any info about West Lakes or Henley?

Guest Jinxy

Hi! Our son has attended Henley Primary School since starting in reception in 2005. He loves it and has done/doing very well academically and in sports. I'm quite happy to answer any questions that have about it. :smile:

Been good suburbs the schools are good too. I spoke to a primary school teacher about it before. She mentioned to say away from Seaton and Woodville, but these were good. There is just one school in Henley that is a bit more strict, not 100% sure if it was one of the religious schools or not. But she did say it was also good just diferent style.

Thank you for the info, went and had a look at Henley and really liked the school, not too big, good facilities and has that.....nice feeling about it. The Principle was great, & had an attitude of each child is an individual, which surprising as it may seem was refreshing. So all in all a big thumbs up :) Jinxy, I've just PM you so thank you in advance ;)

Guest andypandy5

Thats great that you get a good feeling about the school. Have a appointment with the principal of Henley on Tuesday.

What year will your child /children be in?( hope you dont mind me asking ) Jamie will be going into second year.

Thats great that you get a good feeling about the school. Have a appointment with the principal of Henley on Tuesday.

What year will your child /children be in?( hope you dont mind me asking ) Jamie will be going into second year.

We have two boys that will be starting, one will be going into the 2/3 class & the other in the 3/4 class. Wasn't sure at first about the composite classes but think they will work well for our boys. Hopefully, if you like the school our boys will be the 'newbies' together, less daunting for them. Let me know how you get on.

Guest Rochesdownunder

We have 3 kids in Henley beach school and can't recommend the school enough. Fabolous teachers,class sizes good and lovely vibe in the school itself. Couldn't be happier there. Kids all love it there and are getting on great

Guest andypandy5

Went to Henley today and i have to say VERY impressed, from the moment i met the principal to leaving i was very happy. Lovely school, lovely grounds and lovely people. Mr Misso spent time explaining everything in detail.

Brought the kiddies and much to my relief they had a great time.

Andy