Seaford K-7

bj27

Hi

We arrived in Adelaide, lets see, 10 days ago and have been driving around to find a good place to look for a house. One of the areas that appealed to us is Port Noarlunga South. Our kids are 6 and 7 (nearly 8) so they would be going to Seaford primary school I think? Does anyone now anything about this school?

I'll be happy with any piece of information, it's quite overwhelming, all those choices :wacko:

Thx

Guest Crushfamily

We went to see this and Seaford Rise. We still looked around despite being stopped on the way in by a nice Scottish lady who had been here 3 years begged us not to send our kids there due to the bullying problem. Not being one to take such advice we looked around only to witness an Autistic child being held down in a padded room off of the reception.............We are happy with Seaford Rise! But each to their own.

Port Noarlunga Primary is a good school that is nearby. We live in Seaford Meadows, which is exactly the same distance from the school as Port Noarlunga South. It's a beautiful 5 minute drive, crossing the Onkaparinga river, with the sea on your left hand side and wild kangaroos in the fields on your right hand side. The school is not yet zoned, and has a good reputation. In your shoes, I would certainly take a look round.

BTW, Port Noarlunga South - a good choice of area. (in my opinion)

All the best

Paul

Edited by Cherrypecker

Are child goes to Seaford Rise primary school and has never had any problems with bullying or any of his friends, as for a padded room not sure about that. I asked my wife who volunteered her time at Seaford Rise primary school in a reading class for the kids if she ever saw a padded room, she can't remember ever seeing a padded room. I would visit the school & others yourself to make your own mind up. Bullying happens at every school at some point in time just the way it is these days.

Guest Crushfamily
Are child goes to Seaford Rise primary school and has never had any problems with bullying or any of his friends, as for a padded room not sure about that. I asked my wife who volunteered her time at Seaford Rise primary school in a reading class for the kids if she ever saw a padded room, she can't remember ever seeing a padded room. I would visit the school & others yourself to make your own mind up. Bullying happens at every school at some point in time just the way it is these days.

Mine go to Seaford Rise also - the padded room is Seaford K7

Guest jen&ian

I moved my kids out of Seaford k-7 was a nice small school but numbers went through the roof and the layout just couldn't cope with it IMO. Also fair few behavioral issues. The 'padded room' is I believe the withdrawal room where they take some of the challenging children. My kids now very happily at McLaren Vale and loving it.

THanks all for the info. We'll have a critical look ourselves at seaord prmary, seaford k-7 and port noralunga prmary butit's good to know about these persnal experiences. Thx!

(sorry, typos, iPad)

Hi bj27 are son goes to Seaford Rise Primary not Seaford K-7 I thought it wasn't Seaford Rise Primary with the padded room. My wife's friends daughter had problems with bullying at Seaford K-7 but bullying dose happen in every school, hope you find the school that you feel happy with.

Mine go to Seaford Rise also - the padded room is Seaford K7

Hi thought it wasn't Seaford Rise primary with the padded room although the staff need one for them selves from time to time...lol Are son has been there since we arrived in 2006 and has been ok, a couple of things but nothing to want to move him away. How do you find Seaford Rise primary are your kids settled there.

Guest Crushfamily
Hi thought it wasn't Seaford Rise primary with the padded room although the staff need one for them selves from time to time...lol Are son has been there since we arrived in 2006 and has been ok, a couple of things but nothing to want to move him away. How do you find Seaford Rise primary are your kids settled there.

Overall we are pleased with Seaford Rise - was particularly impressed both Boys knew National Anthem come Anzac day after only 6 months at school

• 1 month later...
Guest Grassisal

Hi, hope you don't mind me gate crashing your post:wink:. We are moving to Seaford Rise and have 2 boys, 8 and 5. I phoned a few of the schools in the area, Moana- we are out of the zone, and Seaford K-7, they said, Seaford Rise is our primary. But have read a few reviews elsewhere about Seaford Rise and they don't praise the school very much. Just wondering, if those of you with kids at the school can put my mind at rest. We have a visit next week to have a look around, and I know I should be nonjudgmental, but it would be nice to here from parents who have kids at the school. We just arrived over a week ago so to know that the kids are in a good school would be one less worry.

Thanks. Xx

Guest AngPhil

My son started Seaford Rise last week and has settled in well. The Principal impressed me as she talked to my son rather than me, she has been checking on him and feeding back to me. 1 week in and we are happy, he is even going on school camp in a few weeks.