Child Care Benefit/Child Care Rebate

Guest missliggett

Guest missliggett

Hi everyone, I've just arrived in Adelaide and we have a 1 year old daughter. We both need to work, so will be putting Zara into Childcare. We've found a few places and they keep referring to the CCB & CCR. I've been to Centrelink who've referred me to a website. I can find information on it, I just can't see how I 'sign-up' so to speak. Where do I go/log on to, in order to tell Centrelink that we'll be working and would like the rebate?! Very confusing! Thanks for your help in advance.

Guest loublack

altho you may be on hold for an eternity, the best thing to do is call them and they will do it all over the phone...the number should be on the website?

Guest Dazzlin

Hi Miss,

We've just done this. First of all, you need to go back to Centrelink and request your CRN. Take your passports with you. Once you have this, go to the Family Assist website (which might direct you to the Human Services website) and apply for Family Tax Benefit. Whilst you do this, it will also assess your entitlement for CCB and the CCR.

Be prepared, it takes about an hour to fully go through the online process. You will need your passports, visa, and medicare details to hand.

Good luck.

Daren

Guest missliggett

Hi everyone, thanks very much for your messages, we've been going round in circles! I'll go back to Centrelink today and get the CRN number, as the wait on the phone is currently 90 mins...eeek. Thanks again. Emma

Guest missliggett

Dear Daren,

I'm so sorry, I'm still totally confused. I now have the CRN number, but where do I actually go to apply online. I've read through all the info but there doesn't seem to be somewhere to press to actually apply. Could you copy and paste the link of the web page to me? I'm obviously losing it! Thanks Emma

Guest missliggett

OK - I've finally managed it, had to go in a different way. I went to Centrelink but the woman was not particularly friendly or helpful, she gave me my CRN and ushered me out the door fast! Anyway, have done it now. Does anyone know, obviously this takes a while, if we pay full price for childcare now, will we receive a refund at the end of the financial year as is super expensive. Thanks Emma