Schools in the Prospect area.

Guest katsmajic

Guest katsmajic

Hi :biggrin:

just wondering if anyone could advise re primary schools in the prospect area. I've recently met a newly arrived family, not English background, they have settled in Prospect, and their daughter is at the local primary - and she/they are horrified at the antics going on and asked me if it was normal for the teacher to have no control over the children/kids running amock....

I've told them there is good and bad where ever you go, but to talk to the Principle etc. they are looking at moving her elsewhere, but not if it'll be the same case in all the other schools in the area....

so any ideas? recommendations for a good public school up there? im a southerner so have no idea on the schooling up there.

Cheers,

Friend of mine used to live there and her kids went to a great local school - private I think. I will message her on FB and try to find out which one it was. Walkerville isn't far from there and I know that school has an excellent reputation (primary)... Prospect is quite a mixed area, with some gorgeous very posh bits and some ..errrmmm... slightly less posh bits! If she heads to the east from there she will find some excellent schools.

Nailsworth Primary is just over the road from Prospect near KFC. Living in Prospect, I doubt she would get her children into Walkerville Primary as it is zoned, but she can always see if they have places. There is also North Adelaide primary, but I think they too have had to zone. There is Gilles St Community school in the city. Other than that some of the Catholic primaries around Prospect are fairly cheap fee wise.