Reynella East College and Primary school

alymacck

For various reasons I am looking at moving my kids to Reynella East Primary..and the high school the year after. I have been for a look around but was just wondering what peoples opinions of the school were? I know theres a lot building etc going on at the moment but what do you people think apart from that. My son would go into year 7 and my girls into year 1 and 4 next year. Thanks Aly.

Guest ffi&dyl

Hi,

My 2 started there Jan this year, moved there from Moana Primary. Kids love it, s

ay it's way better than their old school even though we had lots of tears when t

hey moved. Haven't had any problems there yet, both kids doing well so very happy.

My girl is in year 3 now and my boy in year one, any questions PM me.

Ffion

Guest ebstar

Hi Aly, I can't help with the primary as my younger two go to Happy Valley but I have a 15yr old daughter at the high school. She has been there for just over a year now and her grades have stayed up despite the move. So far i have found it to be a really good school with lots of options to suit all abilities. My daughter only has a small group of friends at the moment as she found it hard to settle and kept herself a little distant. That had been down to her wanting to return to her Uk friends though and not any issues with kids at the school. If I had to pick fault with the school I'd say they could work on communication as notice for school meetings etc can be a bit last minute. Hope that helps but let me know if you have any specific q's.

Hi Aly

This is a post I put up on another thread a few weeks ago about Reynella High - any other questions feel free to ask :cool:

Both my kids go there or went there. Tom is currently in year 11 and his last school report was 1 c and all the rest a's and b's - so something is going right! Laura did all her high schooling there and is now in her first year at Adelaide Uni studying bachelor of arts in English and Classics.

It's like any high school - if the child wants to learn they will. If they don't they won't - simple as. Not all the teachers are good but again you get that anywhere. The school is currently going through a major transformation which will improve the facilities on-going.

They have a special music program, which Tom is part of, and they put on regular music nights and they go on a annual music tour - going out to some of the rural areas playing for the local primary schools. They went down to Mount Gambier last year and are going to the riverland this year.

Overall we have no problems with the school and have never considered moving the kids from there. If there is anything more specific you won't to know let me know.

Sally

• 3 months later...
For various reasons I am looking at moving my kids to Reynella East Primary..and the high school the year after. I have been for a look around but was just wondering what peoples opinions of the school were? I know theres a lot building etc going on at the moment but what do you people think apart from that. My son would go into year 7 and my girls into year 1 and 4 next year. Thanks Aly.

Hi have you chosen? Only ask as my daughter goes in to year 4 this year so prob in the same class :)