Registering as a teacher problem

Guest mossmac

Guest mossmac

I have been trying to send an email to TRB (to ask for information to register as a teacher) but I keep getting the message 'wrong email address'.

The address I am using is: info@trb.sa.edu.au. which is on their website.

Is anyone else having a problem?

Any solutions?

John

Guest Libby1971

Hi

I had this last year - I rang Elaine and she denied there was a problem. Try this - she is the secretary or one of them at the TRB.

elainec@trb.sa.edu.au

Best of British to you. The whole process took us 1 month to get registered. This was for the skills assessment to be done, an Aussie police check ( a requirement and formality) and processing once you first aid certificate and mandatory child protection course certificates have been handed in.

Libby

Guest mossmac

Thanks Libby.

My basic questions to TRB were;

Having obtained sponsorship from south Australia I have already had my Teaching skills assessed by Teaching Australia (I have the certificate etc) so do I have to pay to have the skills assessed again by TRB? (Sounds unecessary and expensive!)

Secondly is it possible to do a Mandatory Notification Traning course in the UK - before I arrive in South Australia? as this should speed up the registration if possible.

Also does my UK CRB certificate (recent Dec 2007) help in any way with the registration process.

Any advice would be helpful.

John

Guest Libby1971

Hi

John, I wish it were easy but alas no.

Everything you have done paperwork wise will need to be submitted again for the TRB process and AGAIN for registering with DECS and AGAIN if you choose to use any agencies to help seek employment. The Teaching Australia thing means nothing to the best of my knowledge - I was told they still needed to do their own skills assessment.

No you can't do the Mandatory Child Protection Course in the UK. You can get your skills assessment done now, book your Child Protection course from the UK, do it within a couple of days of arriving and then a week later you should be registered. A friend of mine did it this way.

Your CRB is the police check - no. You still need another one done for the visa process if you haven't already had it done yet. Apparently the visa process want to see specific wording on the certificate which the longer certificate doesn't show. And the police check in Aus is all part and parcel of the process - it costs $20, not worth arguing over.

Your first aid certificate must also be an Australian course as they do not accept UK ones. This is what we were told.

I hope this info is helpful.

Libby

Guest mossmac

Thanks Libby -

Too tired now to think about it all (getting stressed about the prospect of paying for something I have already done and got) so am going to bed.

You have been a help though - discuss some more tomorrow maybe?

John