Years starting in for daughters

natasha2106

Guest six and paul

We moved out dec and my girls left uk in yr 6 and yr 4. Ages 10 and 8 and our starting end of jan same yrs yr 6 and 4 from beginning if any help, youngest turns 9 in jan , don't know what their cut off date is for yr groups but previous post link prob more useful!

Hi we are moving out to adelaide in April and we are starting to look at schooling for our two daughters. Could someone please confirm what years they will enter into - my eldest is in year 7 age 12 and my youngest is in year 4 and she is 9.

Many thanks

natasha

Depends on birthdays but kids here do start later - so depending on maturity/academics you might want to put them into their current year. We placed 2 of ours in their current year when we arrived in November (they didn't start school until January) so our 5 year old went into year 1 but he was absolute youngest in class, our 11 year old went into year 6 and our 13 year old skipped year 8 (came from a grammar school) and went into year 9. Now the 8 year old (soon to be 9) will be starting year 4, the 14 year old, year 9 and the 16 year old year 12. My eldest was mature enough to skip the year and the two younger boys were better off with their own age group and doing an extra long year.