Montessori Children's Centre- Royal Park

Guest Leanne

Hi there

Been looking at nurseries for a while around north coastal areas, in particular Montessori's as my little one is currently at a lovely, small one here in UK.

The only Montessori I can find near where we may live is the above one, I know its a very long shot but does anyone have children who attend this nursery, or know of anyone who knows anyone who does etc etc...?!

I'd really appreciate your thoughts and feelings on this if you are able to help.

Many thanks

Leanne

Hi Leanne

I can’t help you out with any information on the Montessori you have mentioned but have some knowledge of the child care system here. I have a 2 &4 years old. The 4 year old is in a Montessori but we are more South. Maybe inbox me with areas you are looking at I can send you some names of ones to check out. Just a word of caution, any childcare centre/nursery here can you use the word “Montessori” in their title, it doesn’t mean they follow the Montessori principles

Hi Leanne

if it's not too far for you, there is a Precious Cargo child care center in Lockleys, who just been opened for nearly a year. It follows Montesorri principle. I am working on one in Myrtle Bank, the same company.

kind regards

sw

Hi sw

Thanks, I've had a little look at Precious Cargo Lockleys on the web, do you work at Myrtle Bank? What do you think of the company and how the centres are run?

Thanks again

Leanne

HI Leanne

I work as a casual for 2 days a week in PC Myrtle Bank. I won't give you comparison with other Montesorri or other child center, because this is the only place that I work so far in the industry. From the attendance, the center in Myrtle Bank was always in full capacity from time to time.. As a new center, I have been told, in Lockleys, the owner was very keen to make sure the center was the "best" because now they are expanding to spread through franchise. In Lockleys, the center director is a lady from England. Her name is Laura, who came to Oz in 2010. I worked with her for several months when she was in Myrtle Bank. If you are interested, you could book an appointment to have a tour. They do that regularly.

Hi will have a look for sure, thanks.

What are their ratios..?? Its reassuring the manager is from the uk..

L :)

HI Leanne

I work as a casual for 2 days a week in PC Myrtle Bank. I won't give you comparison with other Montesorri or other child center, because this is the only place that I work so far in the industry. From the attendance, the center in Myrtle Bank was always in full capacity from time to time.. As a new center, I have been told, in Lockleys, the owner was very keen to make sure the center was the "best" because now they are expanding to spread through franchise. In Lockleys, the center director is a lady from England. Her name is Laura, who came to Oz in 2010. I worked with her for several months when she was in Myrtle Bank. If you are interested, you could book an appointment to have a tour. They do that regularly.

Hi Leanne

Overall, the ratio is better than the government's. So the owner deliberately put the ratio down compare to goverment regulations.. Like in kindy, where the regulation is 1:10, in PC it's 1:8.. and so on..