school uniform for seaford 6-12

Guest edenfieldpoms

Guest edenfieldpoms

hi we are looking at sending our daughter to seaford high and wondered if anyone could tell me what the uniform is like and is there anything we can get here in uk? Or do you have to get it all from the school? What do the kids wear on their feet, shoes or trainers? My daughter likes wearing black canvas shoes, would she be able to wear these? What kind of school bag do they have, their own or a school bag?

sorry for all the questions but we leave in 8 weeks and just want to get organised

thanks in advance

april

hi, my daughter attends Seaford, its a very basic uniform, black joggers just plain they can have a small motif but nothing too large, or black shorts, trainers any design but not too bright!! they need the school polo and hoody which is bought from the school only. so from the UK i would get trainers because they very expensive here for decent ones and also bring the joggers and shorts because you can get decent ones and bring then over. its a very casual uniform and they can have any bag they like. hope that helps! good luck with the move :-)

Guest edenfieldpoms

Thanks a lot for that, it's been really helpful. I'll get out and buy them here, can I ask you what they wear as a general uniform? I mean do they wear trousers or skirts and what colour? My daughter likes black canvas shoes, abit like vans, would she be able to wear them?

How s your daughter doing at seaford?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get organised.

thanks

april

hi, most of the kids at the school just wear track pants with the polo shirt, and vans be fine as long as they not too bright, i have seen some girls in the school dress but not many and yes, there is a school skirt, but my daughter and all her friends wear the track pants, when you go to the school to register her they will take you through to the uniform place and you can check it out there, as in the dress and skirt.

my daughter has done ok there, she joined in year 11 and its been ok, i will be honest though, its not the best high school but its also not the worse, as with all high schools, if the child wants to succeed then they will. my other daughter will not be going there, she is off to willunga high in January 2013 as we feel it will suit her better. what year will your daughter be going into....?

Guest edenfieldpoms

Hi, thanks a lot for that, really useful information. At the moment here in UK she is in year 8, she is 13 years old, not too sure what year as we come over in June. What's willunga high like? We have a little lad aged 5 and we want him to go to port noarlunga primary, ddnt like many primary schools when we came over except that one, so have to live near each school. I might google willunga high and take a look. Do they have a good school bus system? We are looking at living in port noarlunga south and seaford area.

thanks

​april

hi, Moana primary is a beautiful primary school in the Moana/Seaford area, it is zoned but if you live in Moana or Seaford (the Moana side and on the beach side) you would be in zone for it, cannot rate it high enough, my kids that go there (6, 10 and 12) love it there, great Head and amazing teachers, long to willunga high from port Noarlunga may be a bit of a journey though, no school bus from there so would have to use the public bus, there are some lovely places in Moana to live and an amazing beach!! willunga high from what we have seen looks great, good subjects, a very good Head and the students came across as polite, well mannered and the whole feel of the school felt right, however what suits one does not always suit another, so once you here go and check both schools out, see what you and your daughter think, when we went to the schools, my lot were put in the same year group as they were in the UK, hope all that helps a bit, know how confusing the whole thing is when you first arrive but my one piece of advice is to check the schools and areas yourself first, see it all first hand before you make any decisions cos everyone is different and what some people like others will not always- anything else i can help with please shout :-)

Guest vikkiann

Willunga high is fab but its zoned. I think the area is Aldinga, sellicks, willunga, mclaren vale and flat. Port Noarlunga and Seaford aren't in the zone. There is a school bus which is free if you are in the catchment area.