Port Noarlunga primary

scott&kerry

Guest Django

Everybody I know that have sent their children their have nothing but praise for it. Can't speak first hand as we live further North but if we lived locally that is exactly where our children would have gone.

Guest Guest6899

My son went to PNP and had no real issues, he was having problems with a girl there and it was dealt with when we mentioned it. They also did a talk on Autism to all the pupils (my son has mild autism) to explain why they act the way they do and this seemed a positive approach. Everything was done with full discussion from ourselves.

You should check it out for yourself though, some children dont like the mixed year classes.

Regards Lisa

Personally it was not for us, the principal was not that great to me so we ended up sending my son to a local private Catholic school and it's not that expensive and we are not religious at all!. You ahve to look round a school to know what your getting and although the my school website is a good indicator it's not everything but we did take that into consideration as PNPS is one of the worst performing in the area.

Hi, I'm a Primary Teacher and I've found the schools to be quite different from UK and it took me a while to be ok with that.

Anyhow my daughter goes to PNPS and I find the school good. She has settled in well and made lots of friends. Yes the classes are mixed, Chloe is in a Y2 /3 class (she is a 3), however I don't feel this is an issue, for me it is more important that children work at their ability, so as long as she is being challenged and stimulated, I am happy.

The best indicator for you will be your own feeling when you look around various schools in the area, as what is right for one is not right for everyone etc.

Karen

My children go to this school and love it. We have been here 4 months and enjoying school has been great for the kids settling into their new lives :-)

Guest bidsandrew

As with Riponian, my son went to PNP but now goes to a Catholic school. I know of people who do go to PNP that are happy with the school but for my son it just wasn't the right school. As others have said what is right for one is not for another. You just have to do what you think is best for you and your children, and although it is such a responsibility and one that you want to get right the first time its not the end of the world if you don't, we were so worried about moving our son to another new school but it was the best thing we ever did and he has now settled so well and is loving school again.

Guest Britgirl8

Haven't heard good news of it from some English friends who sent their 2 girls there. They have since returned to UK. Mind you the mum was a teacher herself. I had tried to get my kids to go there prior to meeting the english couple but one of my kids was changing to high school anyway and the other has settled at Christies Beach Primary. Was a pity as we live right next to the school!! There never seems to be any trouble there or any bad reporting in the local paper. Reckon all the primaries around here are much the same unless you send them to a Private School.

My son has been there since the 4-year old program (he's now 8) and loves it. For us it was important for him to go a local school so he has plenty of friends nearby to play with - on the same street in fact! We had a few to choose from but PNPS stood out for a mile for us.

Having said that, it still comes down to your gut feeling when you visit a school - and different schools suit different kids and families.

Wow what a lot of discussion on one primary school, like others have said you really need to look at the schools and think about what you want from a school. Choosing on others comments is not a good idea and I guess how a child settles into a school is different for every one and may well depend on what you are comparing it to.I did a days releif teaching in this school and can honestly say it was the worst class I have ever been in, a high percentage of behavioural problems, swearing and general lack of respect for others not to mention a child walking out of the classroom (This was year 1). It is the only time I have ever had to ask the office for assistance and when I called for them they told me I would have to deal with it myself because they already had to many in the office. Perhaps it was a bad day? Perhaps the fact the children had already had two other TRTs that week didn't help. Please don't take offence if your children are at this school if it suits you, your kids are doing well and making good progress then fair enough I was only there for 1 day.

Reckon all the primaries around here are much the same unless you send them to a Private School.

I don't think that's true, my son went to PNPS for 3 years which started off great but progressively got worse :( we move him in yr4 to Morphett vale Primary School (public) and its a totally different world (just ask the 2 other families that moved there from PNPS)........Like people have said you have to make up your own mind but I just wanted to add that you don't have to send them to private for a better education...Good luck :)