under 7/8 soccer

Guest louise78

Guest louise78

Hi were moving to adelaide novermber my son is in a football team here just wondered if seaford area has any, well were looking at a few places not sure yet just checking it all out dont think my son would come if no football

Guest Guest12727

There is football with the round ball everywhere. I think it is the highest played sport by school aged children in Australia. Tell him not to worry.

Seford has a great set up. Far better than the other clubs nearby IMO.

The Cove are doing lost to promote junior football too, they announced this last week.

Press Release

The Cove FC would like to advise the football community in South Australia of our strategic move to become a genuine youth development club.

Numerous hours of work have gone into developing our new five year strategic plan to establish our club over the coming years as one of the major youth development clubs in South Australia.

Key points of interest from this plan are:

• Major focus on youth development and player pathways through all grades

• Major focus on player progression into our senior football ranks, representative sides, identified talent programs, NYL and A-league

• Major focus on coach development, teaching and success pathways to ensure genuine improvement in coaching techniques and player development through all age groups

• Major focus on implementation of facilities investment, with a continued focus on proposed major complex upgrades already in planning

• Major focus on supporting all players of all ages and abilities within our structure from SSG to amateurs and senior federation football.

To help achieve the player and coach development within this plan we are pleased to announce the appointment of the following personnel:

Tom Ballantyne – Director of Youth and Community Football

Tom holds a Asia B licence and is a passionate football fanatic, with very strong technical and analytical qualities that are strongly based around youth development.

He will be tasked with overseeing coaching and player development for our juniors from under 7’s to under 16’s, club academy programs and community pathways development.

Nick Mowl – Director of Senior Football

Nick holds a UEFA A licence, has extensive experience in academies and clubs in the U.K. and the USA and is also passionate about football development and youth pathways.

His main focus will be the management of the senior playing group and senior coaches as well as implementing transitional programs for talented young players breaking into senior football.

He will also be involved in our development academy and the upper end of our junior program.

“This is an extremely exciting phase of the clubs development and with Nick and Tom on board long term we believe that we will start to produce not only excellent young players, but excellent coaches and an excellent senior team too.” Said club Chairman Andy Fry.

The Cove FC, through the management provided by these two fantastic appointments, will be providing genuine youth development through

• Targeted and age specific curriculum from SSG thru to under 16’s.

• Targeted development of senior players thru increased professionalism and training targets.

• A club based academy program for continued development of identified talented players.

• A community based development program to extend targeted training to the entire club membership and the wider community.

• Genuine player pathways and youth progression into senior football and beyond.

“We understand that for the club to continue to grow and strengthen that this was the only way forward. Whilst there will be some initial short term pain, both financially and within the senior setup as we transition these youth programs the long term gains from the investment in these initiatives will far out way the negatives.” Said club Vice Chairman Geoff Munn

The Cove FC’s vision is to develop a continual stream of talented juniors for the local representative teams, NYL and A-League and as such become the club of choice for all local players. We are expecting that over the next few years the programs we have briefly outlined along with others we are putting in place will help us achieve this goal.

The club would like to take this opportunity to thank its members for their vision and support for this plan and we would also like to thank all our sponsors ( http://www.thecovefc.com ) for their valued and continued support helping us make this plan a reality.

More will be made available regarding individual programs and trials for those that are interested in joining us on this journey closer to their implementation.

• 1 month later...
Guest Django

Trials for the clubs are generally in November. If you are looking in the Seaford area then Seaford would be just on your door step or just up the road you have South Adelaide Panthers or Noarlunga Utd

Guest sithewindows

Sounds a bit like us, but we are flying in tomorrow and our son Adam 12 is looking for a club. I will contact some on the list, Seaford sounds good. Staying in Port Noarlunga for the first month and then see where we end up from there.

Hi were moving to adelaide novermber my son is in a football team here just wondered if seaford area has any, well were looking at a few places not sure yet just checking it all out dont think my son would come if no football

I want to get my son into a club as soon as possible after we arrive - hopefully will give him the chance to make friends that may well already be in the school he attends (yet to be chosen).

What does it mean trials? Would a 7 year old have to go through some sort of trials to join a club? What are the costs involved?

Geoff.

Guest Russ c

We have just arrived I arranged my son to train with a team for 2 weeks then he has to go back for trials in October. This is the norm I've been told. Even the players in the team have to go to the trials. There season has only 4 games left. He plays at under 14s and the fees are $700 dollars a year.

I want to get my son into a club as soon as possible after we arrive - hopefully will give him the chance to make friends that may well already be in the school he attends (yet to be chosen).

What does it mean trials? Would a 7 year old have to go through some sort of trials to join a club? What are the costs involved?

Geoff.

Usually trials are not needed at that age, clubs find places for the small ones. U10 and above teams are 'formed'. Costs vary but a few hundred is what you would expect to pay for that age. There are cheaper options but depends what you are looking for.

Federation clubs (FFSA) have better coaching, pathways etc. The social ones are cheaper but as the kids get older they won't get the chance to play in state teams, and the like.

There are more clubs and more choice in the East, NE and North of the Adelaide region.

my 8 year old did trials in November I think, two evenings, but that wasn't a big deal, mainly to see if they would have enough boys to make a new U9 team. As adelaidenow says, they will find a spot in a team for the younger ones. There are also school teams that they can join.