Woodcroft College

Guest rlord

Guest rlord

Hi Peeps,

We have an interview in July for our son to go to Woodcroft College. We was wondering does anyone know the procedure for the interview and what questions we can expect so we can prepare ourselves.

I would muchly appreciate peoples feedback on the school also. Honesty is best :smile:.

Thanks in advance.

Natalie & Ryan

An interview? Really? From who/ what I know, pretty much anyone will get in there as long as you can pay for it! I looked round there for my kids, not for us. Too big. Depends on your kids obviously, but not right for mine. I certainly wouldn't worry about an interview though, don't think they are particularly 'selective'.

Guest Django

I would ask them what their policy is towards bullying and kids selling drugs to other kids. As far as I can tell their policy is to look the other way and pretend it just doesn't go on at a school like theirs.

Interview normally consists of parent(s) and child, general questions, what everyone expects from the college, values etc.

I'm a bit surprised about the other comments .. as in they take anyone, as long as you can pay. Also, comes down to if they have the availability .. it's a popular school and IMO for good reason. If they don't have the space, you go on a waiting list, which can be quite long.

Bullying: I've only come across this in a positive way. Have known of a couple of incidents, which have been dealt with swiftly and effectively.

Not sure of the drug problems ... no more than anywhere else I would imagine. I know the kids were all told recently to be wary, as older kids (from different schools) have been offering younger kids drugs in the car park. But the college gave the kids the heads up as to this is happening and what to do about it ... so not sure about turning a blind eye.

Anyway, that's just my opinion (from experience) for what it's worth ;-)

Guest rlord

Thanks everyone for you comments they are much appreciated!!!!

We will see how things go.

Have fun all and life in SA rocks!!!!

Edited by rlord

Guest Django

Bullying: I've only come across this in a positive way. Have known of a couple of incidents, which have been dealt with swiftly and effectively.

Not so. Its all about how the school looks. Living local I know too many people that have removed their children for this because the school would not act. The phrase 'That doesn't happen in our school' was actually used along with 'we have a reputation to maintain and targets to hit as far as behaviour is concerned.' To me it smacks of wall papering over the cracks.

Not sure of the drug problems ... no more than anywhere else I would imagine.

I image all the people living life in peace. :wink:

I would ask them what their policy is towards bullying and kids selling drugs to other kids. As far as I can tell their policy is to look the other way and pretend it just doesn't go on at a school like theirs.

Do you have first hand experience of this otherwise your comments could apply to any school, anywhere in the world?