Modbury Heights School

Guest waltzingmatilda

Guest waltzingmatilda

Hi all! Moved over here about 3 months ago and its been non stop!!! Great fun but very busy!!! we have been living in the North East part and are thinking about secondary schools for our eldest daughter. Does anyone have any opinions on the Heights school in Modbury as all 3 children could go there together.( we aren't happy with where they are at the moment!) She has been offered a place on the Ignite program but I still haven't heard anything else, positive or negative, about it. There is also Cedar College that we are interested in. This will then help us decide where we will finally live.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Hi wm, both my boys go there and I am very happy with it, its a big school and to look at looks abit rough around the edges but I like it, they have great policies that they stick to and follow thru with, any probs we have had have been delt with quickly and positively, I have several friends that have pulled their kids out of local private schools and have put the in the heights on the ignite program. There's good and bad in all school but I like it and it suits my boys :-) feel free to ask any questions x

Guest waltzingmatilda

Thank you both for putting my mind to rest! These are both positive answers so I think I may have made the right choice! Thanks :biggrin:

Guest waltzingmatilda
Hi wm, both my boys go there and I am very happy with it, its a big school and to look at looks abit rough around the edges but I like it, they have great policies that they stick to and follow thru with, any probs we have had have been delt with quickly and positively, I have several friends that have pulled their kids out of local private schools and have put the in the heights on the ignite program. There's good and bad in all school but I like it and it suits my boys :-) feel free to ask any questions x

Hi Weez, do you mind me asking what year group your children joined in? What I mean is did they start in the Primary school then go to the middle school etc as my two youngest are Year 2 and Year 5, I just want to make sure its good throughout, as I don't want to have to move them again.

Thanks for your time. Its just so hard to make these kind of decisions from school's websites and looking at them from the outside:biggrin:

They started in year 4&7 and are now 8&11, and I have one that will start in 2 years :-) the junior school has some fantastic teachers and they have the opportunity to take part in wakkakirri and the festival chior which are both amazing :-) my middle son had some fears and some sensory issues and his teacher researched what she could do to help him and worked with me to get him through it.

And they have both had great support and opportunities in the middle and for my eldest the seniors, now my boys arent school lovers, they are never going to be the type that skip gleefully to school everyday but they have enjoyed some things and loved some teachers and they are both happy and doing well which is all that I can ask for :-)

Guest waltzingmatilda
And they have both had great support and opportunities in the middle and for my eldest the seniors, now my boys arent school lovers, they are never going to be the type that skip gleefully to school everyday but they have enjoyed some things and loved some teachers and they are both happy and doing well which is all that I can ask for :-)

Brilliant! Thanks! That's just what I need to know, you have really helped to make my mind up :wink: