When to enrol in new school?

Guest the4hopes

Guest the4hopes

Hi

Does anyone know whether children have to be enrolled at school soon after arrival in Australia, or can it be left for a month or so?

We would like to relax and enjoy our new life together as a family for a while before getting into a routine again.

Thanks,

Laura x:wacko:

Guest LOUISE HANNAH

Hi Laura,

We arrive in Adeliade at the end of August, we have decided that we want to live in Aldgate/Stirling and looked at Heathfield High School, I contacted the head there via email, they have our details and just said when you land drop us a line and make an appontment to see us and enrol then.

Louise

Hi

no you don't have to enrol them straight away and as you are coming in Sep there would be no point as the school hols are sep 27 to 13 oct. depending on when you come you will have time to check out a school, the city etc. My daughter's friend arrived in April and didn't start school until Oct, but back then she was only 10, bit diff when they are a bit older.

Term 321 Jul - 26 Sep

Term 413 Oct - 12 Dec

Rachel

Guest salisbury massive

I believe the actual limit is 3 months. When we arrived in June I didn't start the kids in school until end of July.

we only have 4 terms here with 2 weeks off at the end of each term.

have a look at the Department of Education website for more information

http://www.internationalstudents.sa.edu.au/pages/home/21799/ this page tells you about fee paying international students but if you scroll down a bit there is a download to look at. You can access the home page from the link I've left you.

Jo