how to complete my PhD thesis in Adelaide

Annoisa

Hi All,

We got our grant on 475 sub class in may 2013 and we are in Adelaide now. I was doing PhD in economics and my thesis was almost going to complete. what should i do now in Adelaide to get help for my thesis in which methodology used is of CGE modeling and GAMS software for the simulation i need to do a course from University of Adelaide for these two methodologies but cant search them or either they are too expensive to afford. what should i do as my co-supervisor is not answering either... should i leave phd? because i cant go back with three kids now.

Is there anything i can see as a way out please much desperate for any advice or help.

Greetings,

Annoisa

Sorry I can't advise but what were your plans when you decided to apply for the visa? It seems a strange thing to migrate without being clear how you'd complete your studies, especially at doctorate level and when you're so near to finishing them. A significant part of any PhD is research, so I'm assuming you had the tools to find out what your options were before arriving? The post-graduate student handbook from your university should give details on the process for switching institutions, but this isn't always possible, especially internationally. Being on a 475 you'll pay international fees to study here, which for a PhD won't be cheap - which I assume you'll have looked into when deciding on the visa?

Sorry can't be of any more help!

Sorry I can't advise but what were your plans when you decided to apply for the visa? It seems a strange thing to migrate without being clear how you'd complete your studies, especially at doctorate level and when you're so near to finishing them. A significant part of any PhD is research, so I'm assuming you had the tools to find out what your options were before arriving? The post-graduate student handbook from your university should give details on the process for switching institutions, but this isn't always possible, especially internationally. Being on a 475 you'll pay international fees to study here, which for a PhD won't be cheap - which I assume you'll have looked into when deciding on the visa?

Sorry can't be of any more help!

Thanks for your prompt response. In fact my co-supervisor who was seeing my methodology said he ll help me after arriving Adelaide online and what ever possible could be but now i sent him emails he gave no answer so i am searching any alternative paths. looks like he just said and forget he was always so nice to me before but now i don't know am standing in front a closed end.....need guideline from any School of economics students???