School Fees

Guest xtra

Hey all

On the subject of private school fees.....

We recently became permanent residents :jiggy:

If there are any parents out there who aren't yet permanent residents but who have children at private school - I know of an inner city private school that is prepared to accommodate by offering their own rebates (because only PR & citizens get government benefits).

PM me if you are struggling to meet ends financially and school fees are becoming a bit of a burden - I can put you in touch with someone at the school who should be able to assist (it's inner city west).

Cheers

I would have thought anyone earning less than $38,000 a year would probably not even think about sending their children to a private school - especially considering we have some excellent state schools here to choose from!

Hmmm, yes - not much hope of me getting a school card then.....

However, the private school I am referring to is still prepared to grant school fee rebates. Their assessment seems to be based on personal circumstances rather than just purely income (or surplus assets). This is outside of anything available from the government. I'm finding them quite flexible - perhaps private schools are struggling...

Most private schools have various scholarships etc available - always worth asking about those. Do bear in mind though that if the fees are going to be a struggle, things like school uniforms/trips etc will not be covered by any sort of rebate, so you'll still find yourself paying out a lot more than you would at a state school.

Guest BurgessFamily

For info, it costs us about $2000 per year to send both our 2 boys to a private school (includes discount for multiple children).

Some of these fees (i.e. building related) can be claimed back at tax time.

For info, it costs us about $2000 per year to send both our 2 boys to a private school (includes discount for multiple children).

Well, you can't say fairer than that price. Are you happy with the school?

Hi Burgess family, what school do your boys go to and how far from Seaford Meadows is it, that is the area we are looking at my son is 13 and he attend a very good Grammar School here in the UK, his education is very important to us, so schooling would be a priority after work as to where we live.

Thanks

Bal.

• 1 month later...

Hi, If I may ask, which school do your boys go to? I am on the hunt for schools at the moment for Jan next year. :)

Guest Guest12727

That sounds very cheap - is it primary school?

Just a warning for those not here yet and interested, the fees go up considerably for secondary school and increase each year level. We pay 5 times what this person has quoted for one child and are nowhere near the most expensive school.