Enrolling the kids in school

Guest Rossetti's

Guest Rossetti's

Hi this is our first visit to this site. We are hoping to come to Adelaide in Oct on a student visa,we have a son of nearly 5 years old and have been told we need to enroll him in school before we apply for our visas, has anyone else heard of this? Thanks for any replies.

Keri (27)

Kenny (28)

Finley(4 and a half)

Harry(2)

Hi this is our first visit to this site. We are hoping to come to Adelaide in Oct on a student visa' date='we have a son of nearly 5 years old and have been told we need to enroll him in school before we apply for our visas, has anyone else heard of this? Thanks for any replies.

Keri (27)

Kenny (28)

Finley(4 and a half)

Harry(2)[/quote']

Hi and welcome to PIA.

I must admit i have never heard of this having to enrol children in before visa!! I may be wrong as not sure on "Student Visa requirements" but someone here will. Id be very surprised if it is true:o

Guest Rossetti's
Hi,

I would be surprised if you had to enroll him into school, what school? when you don't know where you will be living, he can enter school the term after he is 5, but does not have to start school until he is 6, http://www.decs.sa.gov.au/portal/community.asp?group=matters&id=startingschool, good luck,

Guzzler

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to us so soon,we wasnt sure either but the education officer said after i enroll for the course we had to enroll our eldest child into a school in order to apply for the visas, we did find it a bit odd.

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi' date='

Thanks for getting back to us so soon,we wasnt sure either but the education officer said after i enroll for the course we had to enroll our eldest child into a school in order to apply for the visas, we did find it a bit odd.[/quote']I agree with the others, how can you choose where to live from 10 000 mls away?

I would make him check into this for you...is he a well recommended agent?

sarah

Guest Rossetti's
I agree with the others, how can you choose where to live from 10 000 mls away?

I would make him check into this for you...is he a well recommended agent?

sarah

I think we will look into this thank you. The agent is good he is the one my dad used to get out to Oz its auctually the education officer who said we needed to do this and said she could do it for us for $1000.

hi,

we are over here on a student visa which was done by immigration *********

we had to get the kids enrolled into the school system while we were (immigration unit) applying for our visa.You are not chooing an actual school,you are just getting them onto the school system so when you do come over you then choose the school of your choice.Sounds confusing i know and costly.

good luck,ken.

Guest Rossetti's
hi,

we are over here on a student visa which was done by immigration *********

we had to get the kids enrolled into the school system while we were (immigration unit) applying for our visa.You are not chooing an actual school,you are just getting them onto the school system so when you do come over you then choose the school of your choice.Sounds confusing i know and costly.

good luck,ken.

Thanks for that, that makes sense. How do you go about doing that? also did youn have to pay to enroll into the schooling system and is schooling expensive? Thanks for your reply.

Guest Leanne & Mark
I think we will look into this thank you. The agent is good he is the one my dad used to get out to Oz its auctually the education officer who said we needed to do this and said she could do it for us for $1000.

Is someone trying to line their pockets here???:realmad:

Guest poms in skegness

Hi, I am in exactly the same situation as yourselves......

I have a place at TAFE starting in July 09 and am doing the whole process myself and have read that yo need to enrol your child in a school before you apply for a visa as well.......I have been really confused. Also I have been told you can only apply for your visa 4 months before you start to study, IS this correct???????

I have also read that it would cost approx $8000pa for their education.....my son is aged 7.

Thanks

Jo

I would be really interested also if anyone coud shed some light on this area...