schools in morphett vale

Guest louise78

Guest louise78

Hi all/

We move to our short term rental in Morphett Vale on 1st Dec, my son Joe is 7yrs old, we would like him to start school straight away he loves school and it would be a great chance for him to meet kids his own age. Can anyone recommend any good schools in this area please.

Thankyou Simon Louise & Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Louise,

I teach at Christies Beach High but the Christies Beach primary school has a good reputation from what I hear but obviously, it depends on how close you live etc. I would google all the schools and get reviews online from parents who use the schools. Good luck!

There are a few primary schools in the area you can try. Morphett Vale East, Woodcroft, Reynella, Reynella South. I can only give an opinion on Woodcroft, which is where our children go. It's the largest primary in SA but it genuinely doesn't feel that big. Our kids are both very happy there and I volunteer three days a week, helping with reading, maths etc etc. Woodcroft is zoned so it depends on where your rental is as to whether Joe would be able to start there. I have friends who's daughters go to Reynella and they're very happy with it, it's much smaller than Woodcroft and I don't think it's zoned but not entirely sure. The best thing you can do is visit a few of the schools and see what kind of feeling you get. Good luck!

Hi all/

We move to our short term rental in Morphett Vale on 1st Dec, my son Joe is 7yrs old, we would like him to start school straight away he loves school and it would be a great chance for him to meet kids his own age. Can anyone recommend any good schools in this area please.

Hi Louise,

Will you be staying in the Morphett Vale area or surrounds after you leave your short term rental? There will be only be a couple of weeks before the schools break up for the long end of year break. Does Joe like swimming? There's the indoor pools (and swimming lessons) at the Noarlunga leisure centre. The local surf lifesavers at Christies and Port Noarlunga might interest him?

Best of luck with the move.

Tamara

[h=1]South Australia 2013 & 2014 School Term Dates[/h] Term 4 2013

School Term 14/10/2013 – 13/12/2013

School Holidays 14/12/2013 – 27/01/2014

• 2 weeks later...

Our daughter was in the single sex year 3 class shown above and has done fantastically well, as shown by her Naplan scores earlier this year. Sadly, there won't be a repeat of single sex classes this year, it seemed to be a step too far for some of the parents which is a shame as the results proved it to be successful. Fingers crossed for the year after though.

Christies Beach Primary has an Aboriginal drop-in (or drop out - whichever you prefer) on the grounds. The school roll has fallen over recent years due to both the current headteacher and the aforementioned centre.

Woodcroft or Reynella East would be my choices if I were looking. The current head at Woodcroft used to be the head at Christies Beach.

My kids went to Woodcroft for just 3 weeks as we ended up moving sooner than we thought to another area, all in all a good school I thought, and they very much like to promote outdoor stuff and playing naturally , they have just adapted an outdoor space just for this which we sadly missed, my daughters teacher was lovely was not keen on my sons but the school was good, much prefer where we are now but only cause I had that as a comparison xx

Hi all/

Guest AngPhil

I can recommend Tatachilla at McLaren Vale, a bit more of a treck but worth it. My oldest goes there and I am really impressed, which isn't easy as I'm a teacher, my youngest is on the waiting list. It is a very learning focused school and treats all children as individuals. I also hear good things about Woodcroft, which is a more traditional school. My advice would be go private, have a look round and see what you think about the schools when you visit. I have friends who send their children to Galilao in Aldinga (a very reasonable priced private school) and there are lots of kids that go to Southern Vales in Aldinga too (which is more religous than the rest, but a really nice school).