new friends :)

aimee

Hi I'm Aimee and I'm 12 ( 13 in june) and i moved to adelaide in 2012.

I still haven't met many people who have been in the same position as me which i was really surprised at.

My family and I live about 20 minutes outside of adelaide, i have a brother who is turning 11 in june.

I would love to meet some new people who have been in the same position or are in the same position.

thanks

also if you are moving here and would like someone to talk to i would like to talk cause i know how it feels to have to move to a new country :)

Aimee :smile:

Edited by aimee

Hi Aimee!

Sorry to hear you've not found people in your situation - I'm sure you'll make lots of friends!

I just wanted to say make sure you show your mum you're on the forum so she knows who you are messaging etc - sorry to be mumsy but I just want you to keep safe!

My daughter is only three so would no good for you but good luck! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest weegie
Hi I'm Aimee and I'm 12 ( 13 in june) and i moved to adelaide in 2012.

I still haven't met many people who have been in the same position as me which i was really surprised at.

My family and I live about 20 minutes outside of adelaide, i have a brother who is turning 11 in june.

I would love to meet some new people who have been in the same position or are in the same position.

thanks

also if you are moving here and would like someone to talk to i would like to talk cause i know how it feels to have to move to a new country :)

Aimee :smile:

HI Aimee, whereabouts in Adelaide do you live? My son is 13 and my daughter 9, we've been here for over a year but they are both struggling to find friends like the ones they left behind in Scotland, maybe I could get Finn on here to chat to you? Are you in Yr 8?

Guest weegie

Hi Aimee,

What did you do to make friends?

That is the main reason i have trouble going to school, because it's difficult to go through an entire day not talking to anyone but the teachers, and thats weird in itself, and again that doesnt help being close to teachers... And i never have the same person in any 2 lessons with me

(i think i added faces there not sure what they are or anything...)

Thanks, Finn

Hi Finn,

To make friends i just went outside of my comfort zone and introduced myself to people, I had the same problem where for the first 3 weeks of school i would only talk to the teachers and no one else but i just started talking to people and now i have some really great friends. Never having the same people in the same lessons would be tough but it could also mean that you could have a wide range of friends to talk to. :)

Thanks, aimee :)

Guest weegie

Thanks Aimee,

that has opened my eyes that with people not being in the same class as me could just make a wider friendship range, thanks a lot and on Monday i will try this new tactic,

one last thing, how is it we survive without watsits and walkers crisps?! (or chips depending if you've got use to that cos i haven't)

Thanks again, Finn

Hi Finn,

Thats ok I hope it all goes well! :)

I have no idea how i survived without them! I think you might be able to buy them i think there is an english shop in Adelaide you should be able to buy them there and if not some woolworths have an english section! I still haven't gotten used to all the things they say different over here everyone gets confused when i call something not what they say!

Thanks, Aimee :)

Guest weegie

I find it weird how they call chips potato chips and crisps chips, don't they know that crisps are made form potato anyway?!

And i tried it today and met a couple of potential friends thank you for the advice :-)

And do you know exactly where this English shop is the last few weeks i have had cravings for watsits xD

Thanks, Finn :-)

I also found it weird how they called them pants instead of trousers!

I hope that it all goes ok with making friends but trust me just keep talking to them and you'll be friends sooner than you know it.

the english shop is called blackeby's and it is an english/american sweet shop there is one at tea tree plaza and one down rundle street

thanks,Aimee :)

Hi Nikki,

I still try to keep in touch with my friends in england it gets hard sometimes though because they went up to high school and made new friends like i did , but we still talk :)

Ill ask my mum to pm you because i would love to meet new friends!

Aimee :)

• 7 months later...

Hi Aimee & Finn,

Have just been reading back through your original posts. I know it was a while back and I'm sure you have both made lots of friends by now but I was wondering if you would be interested in chatting with my daughter Abbie via email - she is 13 and we are moving over to Adelaide in mid-March 2015. It would be really great if you would as it would be good for her to chat to kids her age who have been through a similar experience and also to make a few friends before we move over who she could potentially meet up with? If you would be interested please do ask you parents (Finn I believe your mum / dad has already PM'd me once or twice) to PM me and I will send them through mine and Abbie's email addresses.

I will PM this message to your parents as well for safety etc.

Hope you had a great xmas and have a fab new year.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care

Carly