Toddlers

Guest lilgal89

Guest lilgal89

Hi!

we are flying out with a nearly 3 year old on 1st June - does anyone know of any kiddie clubs/activity groups in the woodcroft area?

thanks

Guest fredponting

Hi there,

we live in Woodcroft it can be a bit scant for Activities (our wee boys are 5yrs and just turned 3yrs).... We arrived here in June last year so have spread our wings further afield.....

A few interesting groups such as:

http://www.wineykids.com.au/

http://www.onkaparingacity.com/onka/home.jsp

If you need any advice or once you've arrived need any help or even a place for a coffee and blether don't hesitate to drop us a line (my wife is Benoli on here), Good Luck with the flight, our boys were grest but ran the aircrew ragged, gotta love the inseat entertainment system, plus be prepared for lots of freebies you weren't expecting for kids, makes baggage a little harder when running through Dubai lol

Mike

Edited by snifter
Added website URL's instead of FB

Guest lilgal89
Hi there,

we live in Woodcroft it can be a bit scant for Activities (our wee boys are 5yrs and just turned 3yrs).... We arrived here in June last year so have spread our wings further afield.....

Facebook has a few interesting groups such as:

If you need any advice or once you've arrived need any help or even a place for a coffee and blether don't hesitate to drop us a line (my wife is Benoli on here), Good Luck with the flight, our boys were grest but ran the aircrew ragged, gotta love the inseat entertainment system, plus be prepared for lots of freebies you weren't expecting for kids, makes baggage a little harder when running through Dubai lol

Mike

Thanks Mike, will definitely check those out! I thought that might be the case as I was looking and trying to find things on the internet until my head hurt! (With no luck!)

We fly out 2 weeks on Sunday, we have a 2 and a half year old so a bit apprehensive about the flight! Longhaul and toddler in the same sentence scares me!

That at will be nice always nice to meet new people and make new friends!

How are you finding Adelaide/Woodcroft?

Edited by snifter
Quoted text

Guest Watkinsfamily

Swimming at Noarlunga centre, kinder gym at the same location also sports activities run at Woodcroft college for 3 years+ such as tennis, basketball Soccer etc. depending on the term as to what sport is offered. Good luck I came over in July last year with a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 month old X

Guest Watkinsfamily

The flight was OK because 1. we started it in Dubai so just the 1 flight and 2. as the 2 1/2 year old loves TV and technology so played with that and slept some of the time (not great at the end but turned out he actually had pneumonia and was ill!) the 4 month old slept for most of it as they do. The staff are good and try to help you out as best they can any flight with little ones is not easy but it is worth it. Good luck xx

Guest fredponting

Adelaide itself is grand, lots of folk complain about travelling times etc, but in reality its nowhere near what we are used to in the UK. We are 20 minutes away from the City, conversely that 20 minutes could have you in McLaren Vale and a decent Winery for lunch, Sellicks Beach with your car fully packed for a whole day of fun or if you want to be lazy across the road from our house playing in the park with the boys chasing the geese from Mt Hurtle Winery, across the road, before returning home to feed our adopted ducks, magpies and noisy minors lol

We came across with two wayward souls, however once we had wedged ourselves at the ends of the four row seats, the boys were actually very good and enjoyed the trip immensely, be prepared though for a few leg stretches up and down the aisles and ignore snooty looks and comments as the positive interactions with folk will far outweigh those :)

Guest lilgal89

Thanks for the replt Fredponting. Our new place is near a reserve and our little girl just loves being outdoors so i am looking forward to spending lots of time outside and taking her to places!

Guest fredponting

Wilfred Taylor Reserve? It has good sports facilities plus Miniature Railway Track, Onkaparinga Rugby Club, Dog Training club, Archery, BMX Track and a few parks for kids :)

Your advantage is you'll arrive in winter so it'll still be warm, once you acclimatise however it'll feel cold lol, we had people tutting at us in the streets in the city because as they were walking past in overcoats and scarves, our boys were running around in T-shirts.....

it was 18 degrees......

Edited by fredponting
forgot pieces

Hiya, we moved to Adelaide about 2 months ago now with our 2.5yr old daughter and we are loving it. We too were worried about the flight. Having visited Australia the beginning of last year and having an awfull flight as our little girl was ill and cried the whole way. This time was a breeze though, she was an angel, and being that bit older def helped. I must confess we downloaded some of her favouite shows and puzzles onto the ipad, a must if you have one or similar.

Although we are alittle further north than you will be i have come to realise nothing is very far here. Even if there isnt one right on your doorstep it wont be far. I have gone down to Noarlunga to meet up with people and takes no time at all. So much to do with little ones!! I cant give info on your specific area in afraid (im still learning :smile: ) but hope it helps ease your mind. Good luck with everything!!!

• 2 months later...