Port noarlunga primary school

Kerriandcarl

My boy is on the transition program one afternoon a week and we know a teacher who works there and another who's supplied there. The general consensus is that it is by a distance the best primary school in the area - it's a shame there isn't yet a public high school which matches up to it!

I'd highly recommend it.

My children are both at port noarlunga p.s and has long has you don't compare it to The Uk school system it's ok. My oldest is in year 7 now and has an excellent teacher, but in an earlier year that wasn't the case and she ended up wasting her year 5. My son is in year 1 and I'm happy with his schooling except for the fact he is working about 12 months behind what he is capable off. Again as long as you don't compare schooling its ok, but it's hard not to at times.

As for high schools their is Cardijn and Tachachilli (excuse the spelling) they both have good write ups and cost between $4000-6000 a year.

It's not a good idea to compare schooling here to the UK. What I would say is that emphasis on 'formal' education here comes later, whereas the focus in early years is learning through play and social development.

When you consider a similar approach is taken in some Scandinavian countries, and they are the highest achievers in Europe at achieving high level educational outcomes at 18 yrs old (indeed, the western world) then not learning spellings and equations at an early age seems less relevant.

The key is not how a child performs academically at primary age, but at 18.