Primary Schools - Public (South Adelaide)

Guest Karinavdm

Guest Karinavdm

Hi all

I am pretty sure this subject has been discussed at length but please indulge me.

We will be moving from Adelaide North East down South (really want to be closer to the beach) and we have no idea on areas nor Primary schooling.

We are looking at - Hallett Cove, Sheidow Park then down Seaford and Port Noarlunga South

Do any of you know which schools there are great (we have an 11yr old and a 5yr old)

We are still looking for a rental but want to focus our search more towards the right school for our girls.

Any advice will be SO appreciated!

Thank you kindly!

Guest seaviews

I think there are good primary schools in those areas- moana primary for example etc but I Wld be concerned about public high school in those areas....the area is changing very rapidly because if the housing being built

unless you are considering private high school?

Hallet cove school (r-12) has a better rep and then of course you have Brighton or Seacliff

my personal opinion Wld be to go no further south than hallet cove... Because of the public high school issue...

but it everyone is looking for different things with schooling

Good luck :)

Guest Karinavdm

Thank you so much Seaviews! Yes my concern is the lack of good High Schools. There just doesn't seem to be much rental availability in Hallett Cove area but I am focusing my search there with the Seaford area as 2nd choice :)

I think there are good primary schools in those areas- moana primary for example etc but I Wld be concerned about public high school in those areas....the area is changing very rapidly because if the housing being built

unless you are considering private high school?

Hallet cove school (r-12) has a better rep and then of course you have Brighton or Seacliff

my personal opinion Wld be to go no further south than hallet cove... Because of the public high school issue...

but it everyone is looking for different things with schooling

Good luck :)

Howzit!,

It's pity that some schools still have a bad rep. There are a number of schools around, some private and some public but you will be planning for the high school move as well. For primary schools I have experience of Port Noarlunga, Old Noarlunga and Seaford. St Johns in O Sullivans Beach is private. I personally know teachers who teach at the local schools and it's interesting to get their perspective.

I hope that you and the children are happier after your move. I have one grandson at a local kindy and another at a different school.

Guest seaviews

Like I said primary public schools are,through my experience,(and through knowing teachers who teach at three different schools in that area) are good...

However unfortunately I have yet to hear anything good about seaford 8-12 or christies beach high school where if you lived seaford or port noarlunga - you Wld be zoned to...

i have only known friends who have removed their kids from these schools and sent them to tatachilla for example

it Wld be good to hear from people who send their kids to seaford or christies beach high school and are happy- so that there was a more up-to-date viewpoint.....

I thought the op was asking about public schools- therefore for myself, I Wld be looking to the future and which high school my children Wld naturally go to

A lot of people move further south to get more house for their money and choose to send their children to private high school

Guest vikkiann

Willunga high are taking children out of the zone, my son goes there and is doing amazing.

I can't help with primary schools, most of the people I know in the seaford area moved their children into private school.

We're in Woodcroft - maybe a bit further inland than you were thinking but certainly not that far from the beach. My kids went through Woodcroft Primary and then Reynella East College (formally Reynella East High) Both are state schools and my kids did really well - currently both at uni - and we had no major issues with either school.