Schools in Flagstaff Hill

Guest carolyn

Guest carolyn

Hi there

We are looking at buying a house in flagstaff hill and wondered if anyone had heard anything about the school there? I have a 5 year old who would start there soon.

Also would be grateful for anyone's view on the suburb.

Many thanks

Carolyn :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KateG

My son was at Craigburn Primary school in Flagstaff Hill, we found it to be very good. The head has changed now so can't update you. My son still keeps in contact with his friends who seem to be loving it still. It was very impressive when he was there 3 years ago. You also then have good opportunities for high school afterwards. Blackwood High is one of the follow up schools and has a really good reputation as well. Craigburn had very good ethics all round and great sporting facilities.

Guest carolyn
My son was at Craigburn Primary school in Flagstaff Hill, we found it to be very good. The head has changed now so can't update you. My son still keeps in contact with his friends who seem to be loving it still. It was very impressive when he was there 3 years ago. You also then have good opportunities for high school afterwards. Blackwood High is one of the follow up schools and has a really good reputation as well. Craigburn had very good ethics all round and great sporting facilities.

Thank you for this. It's nice to know people's views. I got the feeling that it was a nice area, we are considering aberfoyle park too but think flagstaff will be the better option. Have you moved from Flagstaff then or did your son just move up to high school. We are renting in somerton park at the moment, its lovely here and nice to be near the sea but its also very expensive to buy!:)

Guest wendyw
Hi there

We are looking at buying a house in flagstaff hill and wondered if anyone had heard anything about the school there? I have a 5 year old who would start there soon.

Also would be grateful for anyone's view on the suburb.

Many thanks

Carolyn :)

My 2 children, 10 and 6, go to Flagstaff Hill Primary school. They enjoy going to school, and we are very happy with the school. We were told that Craigburn school is a zoned school, which does included some of Flagstaff Hill. We had several visits to both schools before we made our decision which helped.

We have been here now for 8 months and rented in Flagstaff Hill for 5 months, but have now moved to Aberfoyle Park. Both areas are nice, have shops, doctors, dentists and play areas and still only 30 minutes to the CBD.