489 visa

Guest maize44

Guest maize44

Hi all,

I am holding a 489 Visa and will travel with my family to Australia. Just want to confirm if there is any school fees and if I am entitled to put him in a public school.

Also regarding the medical insurance if someone can help in giving some info.

Appreciated

SA does not charge school fees to visa holders like some of the other states. So no international fees of thousands of dollars per child for state school.

You will have to pay the general school fees per child same as everyone else here though. I think our school charged $180 this year, may be a bit more or less but about there somewhere. This covers books, pencils, paper etc. Plus school trips etc on top as and when.

What about medical insurance? Private cover? Or are you after finding out more about Medicare?

Guest maize44

first allow me to thank you for your reply,

I really did not understand the medical insurance policy for the 489 visa. Its just mentioned that me and my family must be covered by insurance for the first 2 years till I get my PR if I am willing to transfer it.

So please advise

regards